Bottom Radiator Hose (Bayonet type)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottom Radiator Hose (Bayonet type)
Rainbow 
Okay I need serious help here. The car is on the driveway jacked up with the front end off and I cannot for love nor money get the bottom radiator hose back on. It is the bayonet type with the two clips. I just can't seem to push it in far enough to get the clips on. Incase anyone can't visualise it here's a picture:

[Image: P1010040_zps7e7ade3a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theres a collar that spins round to open them up so you can release the pipe then you turn it back round the 2 clips slide into the gaps and as you turn it i keeps the clips fixed in place

Rad needs moving over by the looks of it
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Okay, panic over. One of the clips broke off in my struggle so I will need to buy a whole new hose. Which leads me neatly to the answer to my question. The best way to fit the hose to the radiator is to remove the engine block end of the hose from the engine block and then you can pull the hose partially through the chassis leg which will give you ample room to work with to push it right into the radiator and clip it on.

Edit: Parksy87, I read that in the Haynes manual but without enough room there is no way the fitting is going to be able to be pushed in enough for the clips to fit over the end.
Thanks given by:
remove crap clip...

use a jubilee...

wasnt hard to think of that now was it Mr Pug and Cit developers??...why in the world they thought the most difficult fitment for a hose in a tiny space would be a good idea is beyond me
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Friggin 30 pounds from Peugeot the theiving gits! And I've gotta wait 2 days for it. Checked eGay theres nothing for XUDs on there.
Thanks given by:
I have a spare one of these in the boot. I find them simple to fit never once had a problem. little push and its on
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
when its -5 and your hands are frozen and its dark they aint so easy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Guaranteed you've not got the slot in the pipe lined up with the radiator, once it lines up it does simply push in, but if you don't know it's got that slot, it's a TOTAL twat...

In fairness, in the end I simply cut the end of the pipe off, left a bit of rubber, then got a bit of tube and jubileed it onto the tube, so I could remove the radiator, fit the shitty clip, put the rad back in position and then just slide the pipe over the tube and jubilee down...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
^^^yeah this. less likely to bust too
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bottom Hoses For The Radiator bigcheez2k3 13 2,473 25-06-2015, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Radiator hose CJRODELL 2 1,430 16-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Last Post: CJRODELL