Shocks : Gti6 or Gmax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocks : Gti6 or Gmax
Got some Gti6 shocks and some Gmax (apparently 30% stronger than the 6), what ones should i fit my new 60mm springs to? also iv got some ideas of mods to do with my old coilovers il post some pics when the springs are fitted,
Thanks given by:
None of those if lowering that much. Youll be needing shorter shocks like Bilstein B8's
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
What coilovers have you got? Could you measure the length of the main spring?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
there the crap ta technics, main spring uncompressed is 173mm. what other shocks will be good for 60mm springs?
Thanks given by:
uncompressed length doesn't mean anything once it's on the car. I don't think any shocks will be particularly good on 60mm springs tbh, probably best to go for coilovers.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Can you not get a 60mm drop kit complete
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can but a decent one is expensive!
Thanks given by:
you need to use shortened dampers with the shortened springs (so probably the gmax) as the GTi6 dampers will be full length
Thanks given by:
Basically by using shortened springs on a full length damper will reduce travel all the time. It will wear out quicker and if you hit a big pothole, then you lr shock may die haha.
Thanks given by:
Not just that but if you go over a jump and the damper fully extends then your spring might dislocate and youll have a massive accident.

The free length of a standard spring or even a standard GTi6 spring is huge compared to -60mm springs.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6/VTS Front Shocks/Springs MY95 14 3,011 05-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  TA Coilovers vs GTi6 Shocks & 60mm Springs silverzx 10 2,438 15-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: puglove
  Gti6 front shocks on hdi estate? Leedunn86 8 1,699 22-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Toms306