Hdi and Hdi Dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi and Hdi Dturbo
Anyone know what differance is? Just bought birks off here n wonderd what diff was?
Thanks given by:
If I'm correct they are the same!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
D turbo is a hdi trim spec. Meridian is a hdi trim spec. I dont know any others haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hdi dturbos have cyclones instead of swallows or steelies, slightly lower and are ment to have gti spec suspension components inc thicker arbs and torsion bars.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My hdi dturbo came with lasers
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Probably will have been swapped at some point, cyclones were standard spec on the dturbo model iirc
Thanks given by:
HDi meridian is for comfort (supposed to be lol) so you get half leather sport seats, 5 doors, climate control, leather wheel and knob, 'comfort' suspension and 14" fugly swallows.

HDi LX is for poor people so you get a plastic wheel, no air con (but it was an option), 14" steels with trims, 5 doors, cheap velour seats and standard 'comfort' suspension.

HDi DTurbo is for people that think they look cool with 3 doors, so you get 3 doors, cloth sports seats, a/c OR sunroof, lower stiffer suspension and 15" wheels, usually cyclones but I've seen some others with lasers aswell, maybe an option from new. They also did a 5 door DTurbo, but who'd buy that over a meridian if they wanted 5 doors? No-one, so theres barely any around lol.

In estates you also get a meridian 'SE' but I've no idea whats extra on that.
Thanks given by:
Thicker arbs (not so sure about the torsion bars), 'clones, "sports" seats and a better standard radio iirc. I have seen more than one with lasers before, but they are pretty rare tbf and as you say there's a chance they've been swapped...

My first LX came with ac and 15" steels, Tom... And what's so special about meridian, half-leather seats?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 07:39 AM)Poodle Wrote: Thicker arbs (not so sure about the torsion bars), 'clones, "sports" seats and a better standard radio iirc. I have seen more than one with lasers before, but they are pretty rare tbf and as you say there's a chance they've been swapped...

My first LX came with ac and 15" steels, Tom... And what's so special about meridian, half-leather seats?

I just explained above, the meridian comes with half leather seats, leaf pattern doorcards, rear electric windows (X reg onwards), leather wheel and knob, tinted glass, alloys (even if they are shitty swallows) and ac/climate as standard. PLUS, they only came in high spec colours, so diablo or china usually as they're pearlescent, but also moonstone and one or two others. You won't find a black or white meridian....or an astor one. Sad

Your LX would've been specced with AC from new, it wasn't 'standard' spec. With the steels, yes that was a typo, they were 15" on pov HDis, its the 1.4/1.6s that came with 14" ones.

Edit - sorry, Im confusing L and LX - LX also came with either sunroof or AC (Meridians dont ever have sun rooves) - L spec doesn't come with AC. But again they're rare because no-one wants them. Usually L spec is on NADs (you know those lovely blue cloth seats lol...).
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 07:37 AM)Toms306 Wrote: HDi meridian is for comfort (supposed to be lol) so you get half leather sport seats, 5 doors, climate control, leather wheel and knob, 'comfort' suspension and 14" fugly swallows.

HDi LX is for poor people so you get a plastic wheel, no air con (but it was an option), 14" steels with trims, 5 doors, cheap velour seats and standard 'comfort' suspension.

HDi DTurbo is for people that think they look cool with 3 doors, so you get 3 doors, cloth sports seats, a/c OR sunroof, lower stiffer suspension and 15" wheels, usually cyclones but I've seen some others with lasers aswell, maybe an option from new. They also did a 5 door DTurbo, which are the best of the best but quite rare.
Oil-burner has one and its sheer awesomeness and beauty astound me everyday

In estates you also get a meridian 'SE' but I've no idea whats extra on that.

Cheers tom, that means a lot mate ta! Smile
Thanks given by:
Some of what is above about trim levels on certain cars is incorrect.

Basically

HDi is an engine. In the 306 all HDi engines are the same 1997cc in-line 4 cylinder SOHC 8v turbocharged 90bhp lump The turbos are GT15 on the early car and K03 on the later ones but this makes no difference. If you highly tune them the K03 might be 1% better.

DTurbo is a trim level, It came in 3 or 5 door and they all came with cyclones and were 20mm lower from the factory.

There are several other trim levels

L, LX, Meridian, Meridian SE and more. L is bottom and Meridian SE is top but its so easy to swap bits over I wouldnt worry about it. DTurbo is somewhere in the middle.
Thanks given by:
Think the HDi Dturbo is 3 door with gti-6 trim isnt it?
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 12:23 PM)Dicky Wrote: Think the HDi Dturbo is 3 door with gti-6 trim isnt it?

Wrong and wrong.

The HDi DTurbo came in 3 or 5 door and has cloth trim not the leather and alcantra of the GTi6
Thanks given by:
Ive just bought birks of him its 5door hdi dturbo, on swallows aswell
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 12:49 PM)wiggy Wrote: Ive just bought birks of him its 5door hdi dturbo, on swallows aswell

I doubt theyer the original wheels. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Thanks given by:
Plans are lower it n once funds allow me 2 stage 2 map but dont know when that will be
Thanks given by: