original cat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
original cat
Hey guys, I decat my hdi a while back and kept the original cat in the shed, how do I tell whether it is the original one? It has a plate on it with a few serial codes on but can't find anything on google. Also I heard they're pretty valuable, any idea what the going rate is? Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
i heard that if its OE it can be worth upto around the £200 mark not sure if this is an urban myth though Smile
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Christ I wasn't expecting that lol, I thought like 60-80! Anyone care to second opinion this?
Thanks given by:
I know my cat is orignal and I know this Becuase it's circle. Most aftermarket are like a middle box but smaller.

Best way to check is if you point it to the sun then you shouldn't be able to see the light iirc.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 07:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I know my cat is orignal and I know this Becuase it's circle. Most aftermarket are like a middle box but smaller.

Best way to check is if you point it to the sun then you shouldn't be able to see the light iirc.

thats right kent! i just know that 306HDIS and another cat of a diesil IIRC was ford transit van are sky high because of the amount of platinum in them.
Thanks given by:
mines rounded with a plate with holes in underneath and a small welded metal patch with serial numbers on. Where would be best to sell it? EBay, scrappy Orr?
Thanks given by:
picture?
Thanks given by:
Have you got an email address? Can't upload pics due to no computer Sad
Thanks given by:
pm'd ;]
Thanks given by: