Bosch help needed *Fixed! THANKS Jenkosowls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch help needed *Fixed! THANKS Jenkosowls
Had bosch pump fitted on wednesday all has been fine untill i deiced i wanted to turn it up so i turned it half a turn and the revs went up a bit on tick over so i adjusted them back down slightly. Now when i come to my car when its cold it ticks over at 500rpm barley holding its self but as soon as its warm it will sit fine at just over 1,000rpm.

Have i done something wrong?

I have messed with the idle so i got it to sit at 750revs when cold but when it got warm it was going over 1,100 revs......

why carnt it hold a constant tick over?

Help needed please

EDIT!!
Think i have fixed it by adjusting the anti stall (the screw that the throttle arm sits on) but i will be able to tell when i start it from cold in a morning

Thanks given by:
BUMP

So am i right every time i adjust fuel i have to adjust the tick over? and am i doing right by adjusting the anti stall screw? and the tick over screw? as by adjusting the anti stall screw it means the throttle arm isnt going round as far

Thanks given by:
Mate read up, got to know your screws.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Check out Dan's guide. There is also screws for the hot and cold idle.
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 10:28 AM)Anton Wrote: Mate read up, got to know your screws.

I have but no were i have i read that when i turn the fuel up i have to adjust the idle every time. So am i doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my pump? Or am i doing it the right way by adjusting the hot idle screw and the anti stall screw?

(18-02-2013, 11:16 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Check out Dan's guide. There is also screws for the hot and cold idle.

I have read though that but as said in my last comment it doesnt say every time i adjust the fuel i have to adjust the idle each time, also as its be retro fitted i dont have a cold idle any more just sits permanently on the hot idle screw.

Tbh i thing i have sorted it i now have some black smoke off boost not massive amount but some and on boost clean no smoke, i got the idle to sit at around 1000rpm slightly rise's by about 100 revs when fully warm. Will see what i get on like when i have got the ground lda pin in see how it goes then

Thanks given by:
yes mate . . every time you adjust the fuel you have to adjust the idle, it's pretty obvious when you think about it . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 12:01 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: yes mate . . every time you adjust the fuel you have to adjust the idle, it's pretty obvious when you think about it . .Smile

Ok thanks mate, it is now i have been looking at dans guide agin, may add some more fuel now i think but not sure yet need to sort my boost out.

Thanks for all the info guys

Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 12:07 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(18-02-2013, 12:01 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: yes mate . . every time you adjust the fuel you have to adjust the idle, it's pretty obvious when you think about it . .Smile

Ok thanks mate, it is now i have been looking at dans guide agin, may add some more fuel now i think but not sure yet need to sort my boost out.

Thanks for all the info guys

you'll get there bud, they're pretty easy to adjust and understand after you've done a bit of reading and messing about with them . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
So ive been fidleing with the pump for the last few days starting to get there now but ive run out of idle adjustment, now reading dan's guide that i can move the throttle arm one spline when i do this i end up with it being really slow agin then i up the max fuel more and after 1-3 turns it starts to rev its nuts off on its own so maxing the pump out. I must be doing something wrong?

Thanks given by:
You done the cold and warm idle screws on the back?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Yer well only got hot/warm idle as not got the cable in for the cold one

Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have maxed out the pump if the revs are shooting up with any more max fuel. I have always found with mine that if I take the idle too low with the rear idle screw it's never settled. Taking the throttle down a spline does work, but you do lose some throttle travel and ruins throttle response.

What turbo you running?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Only standard k14, I dont get why im haveing issues surely I shouldnt need this much fuel to get it up to 20psi

Thanks given by:
No you shouldn't, what's the turbo condition like? I remember back when I had a T2 which wouldn't go over 18psi, the shaft play was horrendous, in/out and up/down play.

It must smoke like mad on boost?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
No smoke on boost, just dont get why im running in to issues like this on the k,k14,im not sure on turbo condtion but it was quicker on the lucus pump turbo was peaking at 20psi

Thanks given by:
Is it gov modded? What LDA setup are you running?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
i had a lucas and k14,my friend had a t2 and bosch

both stage'd 1

my lucas was quicker,dont really know why, both were rapid enough

i had other lucas pumped 306s that were screwed more and were not as quick,even could say they were dead compared to my first phase 1 lucas k14

but a stage 1 is very straight forward on a bosch!!
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 08:35 PM)Ricky Wrote: Is it gov modded? What LDA setup are you running?

Lda grind thats it, gov mod is some thing I wana do but want to get it tuned right first before I get that done

Thanks given by:
Chris bring it to mine when you can il soon sort it
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
If youve not sorted it by the weekend chris give us a bell and ill come sort it for you.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 11:23 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Chris bring it to mine when you can il soon sort it

(20-02-2013, 11:29 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: If youve not sorted it by the weekend chris give us a bell and ill come sort it for you.

Thanks for the offers guys i will let you no Smile

Thanks given by:
Shooting in the dark here, check all your hose clips, connections and condition of the inter-cooler d-seal.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2013, 11:15 AM)Face. Wrote: Shooting in the dark here, check all your hose clips, connections and condition of the inter-cooler d-seal.

Replaced the d seal, and the hose clip on the top/side of intercooler is ok. I was beginning to think its an issues with the turbo/intercooler, how much fuel would you guys be adding (turns of the screw) to get the turbo over 20psi?? (btw i have adjusted the actutor/wastegate on the k14 wound it all way in then 1 turn out)

Thanks given by:
Big thanks to Jenkosowls for sorting the pump out not quite sure what he did but ive gone from no power to sliping the clutch lol Now boosting approx 25psi Smile still got a strange idle as when i started it up was below 750rpm but once reved up a few times it 1000rpm and can sit there for ages but some times if left on tick over for a min or so it revs up abit to 1500rpm drive off for a min and will drop back down

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump experts needed! 205dtub 8 3,829 28-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Last Post: da_no1