Preparation for remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparation for remap
Hi guys just wondering what I need to to put my car in for a good remap? Not too clued up on this so anyone who can help me out would be great!
Thanks given by:
If its just dtage1 then it'll be fine.

Also ng as its having regular services etc but you don't need to add anything for a remap!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:27 PM)Just Sean Wrote: If its just dtage1 then it'll be fine.

Also ng as its having regular services etc but you don't need to add anything for a remap!

Cool! Think I've got a good base as my hdi is only on 80,000 miles and has been regularly serviced Smile thanks for the help what kind of power figures am I looking at with the stage 1 remap ?
Thanks given by:
About 120bhp. Is a decent gain over standard. Mpg will go up too Wink
Thanks given by:
About 125bhp mate... Are you going to get a mapper from here to do you a map and upload it yourself? Or are you going to get arse raped by an exhaust place? lolz
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:33 PM)Just Sean Wrote: About 120bhp. Is a decent gain over standard. Mpg will go up too Wink

Definitely a great gain in bhp! And torque? I've heard about the mpg gain. This is excellent! Will the car be smoky due to the remap ? What would be necessary for stage 2?! Thanks.
Thanks given by:
Research for stage 2!

Intercooler will be needed.

About 200lbsft.yeah the car will b a bit more smokey, dobt expect dturbo levels of smoke tho!

Lol tom!! +1
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:34 PM)Tom Wrote: About 125bhp mate... Are you going to get a mapper from here to do you a map and upload it yourself? Or are you going to get arse raped by an exhaust place? lolz

I'm not sure what I'm going to do I've just started thinking about a re map who would you recommend to go to? I'm not having someone plugging it into a fisher price laptop and pressing buttons haha.

(17-02-2013, 01:38 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Research for stage 2!

Intercooler will be needed.

About 200lbsft.yeah the car will b a bit more smokey, dobt expect dturbo levels of smoke tho!

Lol tom!! +1

More smoky ? There's no smoke at all at the moment! Haha. Cheers mate will look into the stage 2 when I get home!
Thanks given by:
Where you located? Mr whippy is in Leeds and theirs pro Steve in Bristol if you do t fancy someone plugging in.

Bit in fairness its very rare for the ECU to brick by remapping it!
Thanks given by:
You'll get substantially more power if you smash out the cat and swap the backbox for a piece of straight pipe or another midbox.

The car shouldn't be too smokey on a stage 1, depends how much power you want to have.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:42 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Where you located? Mr whippy is in Leeds and theirs pro Steve in Bristol if you do t fancy someone plugging in.

Scotland?! Haha near Edinburgh Sad I don't mind someone plugging it in as long as they know what they are doing!
Thanks given by:
I think theirs only 1 Scottish member on here!! :/

Awkward!
Thanks given by:
A basic laptop is best for mapping like windows xp with f*ck all on it and you wont have a problem, just watch the bar move, dont be tempted to do anything while you wait!
Wouldnt expect any smoke tbh but im not really a hdi person.
And i second what poodle said, when my mates backbox fell off his mapped hdi he said it felt way faster!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:42 PM)Poodle Wrote: You'll get substantially more power if you smash out the cat and swap the backbox for a piece of straight pipe or another midbox.

The car shouldn't be too smokey on a stage 1, depends how much power you want to have.

Well I am looking to replace my exhaust soon so I might as well get this just now? As much power as I could get out of it without the car breaking! Lol
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:45 PM)Daniel-mcgowan Wrote:
(17-02-2013, 01:42 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Where you located? Mr whippy is in Leeds and theirs pro Steve in Bristol if you do t fancy someone plugging in.

Scotland?! Haha near Edinburgh Sad I don't mind someone plugging it in as long as they know what they are doing!

Honestly if you can read instructions and follow them, you'd be fine to map it yourself.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:47 PM)Just Sean Wrote: I think theirs only 1 Scottish member on here!! :/

Awkward!

That only 1 Scottish member me by any chance? Haha

(17-02-2013, 01:49 PM)Tom Wrote:
(17-02-2013, 01:45 PM)Daniel-mcgowan Wrote:

Honestly if you can read instructions and follow them, you'd be fine to map it yourself.

Thanks mate will look into this. Any software recommended ? And will it work on a MacBook?

(17-02-2013, 01:47 PM)Just Sean Wrote: I think theirs only 1 Scottish member on here!! :/

Awkward!

Sick of the car scene up here it's all Hondas !
Thanks given by: