16 Valve HDi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 Valve HDi?
Hi guys,

Well I'm probably gonna be asking some daft HDi questions over the next few days..... ninja

Basically I was just wondering if the 16V head from the HDi136 (?) would fit the DW10 in the 306? It seems that there aren't any 16V HDis on here (from using the search....so theres probably hundreds lol! Tongue ) and just wondered why not?

Surely there'd be quite an advantage from that? Or is it more hassle than it's worth?

Also, just wondered how you know what stuff would be compatible with HDis, like which turbo's and FMICs and stuff? Is it just trial and error lol?

And lastly...how hard/expensive would it be to get 150+bhp from a HDi with a low budget? Using 2nd hand parts from ebay, different turbo, 16v head?, FMIC, map etc.....

Cheers Wink
Tom
Thanks given by:
You should really read darrens threads... and for 150hp, FMIC and remap...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Darrens using the 16v head for his M-TDI 16v project, other than that i don't know of anyone using the 16v head.

If you did all the work yourself or at least had free labor from friends etc.. you could do an FMIC for under £150 + Mapping costs
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Doh Darrens didn't come up on the search lol! I'll have a read through it then. Smile

And yes, all labour for fitting would be free. Smile So looking at around £200 roughly...hmm....cheers. Smile
Thanks given by:
16v head alone will be £400+ for one that's not scrap
Thanks given by:
Daniel306 Wrote:16v head alone will be £400+ for one that's not scrap

Whaaaa? :o

How come?? Surely they're half of that in scrap yards!? Confusedhock:
Thanks given by:
Tom you f*cking troll, how many posts and you still need to ask how to get an HDi to 150..? Doh

Danny hasn't mentioned that the moment your clutch smells a stage 2 map, it'll throw a hissyfit...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You'll need the 16v pistons too, on and the 2.0 16v it runns simens managment so you'd need to sort injectors too.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol Poodle......I was gonna ask for 170bhp but then decided that sounded too high.......I guess I should've known from people like Warlod that a FMIC and map can see 150!

Chris Wrote:You'll need the 16v pistons too, on and the 2.0 16v it runns simens managment so you'd need to sort injectors too.

Really? Oh, guess theres a lot more work/expense involved than I expected! Sad
Thanks given by:
Well dum dum ran 167 (I think) so near enough 170... but he had slippage, 150 is obtainable without slippage though
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Dums was 163bhp Connor, close though. Although IIRC that was at 17psi and his map was designed for 19.
Thanks given by:
Ill reply in here instead of pm chat that way everyone can see Smile

Basically yes the 16v head will fit right onto a DW10 bottom end as the blocks are identical, but unless your rebuilding the motor, it wouldnt be worth the hassle as you would have to change all the pistons etc (nozzle angle change / 4 valve cutouts)..so be easier to run with the complete 16v dw motor to start with in your boots id have thought....Unless your planning on rebuilding it like me however...in which case blocks are identical...

Im not hugely clued up with common rail, so as for injectors I cant tell you, basically, if the bosch management will fire siemens injectors, then id imagine it would be fine....but if there not compatible, then you will need to source other CR injectors as the nozzle angle is different to the 8v obviously, and you dont want any holes in the pistons Wink

But no reason why you couldnt run a complete 16v hdi motor on orignal bosch management with custom injectors.... there are quite a few other higgles as well that you would have to overcome, but nothing hugely major....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Poodle, mines 150 and has been for about 5 months and clutch is fine

From danny..
Thanks given by:
Cheers for that darren! Big Grin

Definitely given me some stuff to think about....Pretty sure I can't afford the whole 16 v block so will have to see what I can do. Which cars use the same engine out of interest, think I saw in your thread that some Fords also use it?

I can see now why more people don't do it, but I'm not gonna give up just yet. Wink
Thanks given by:
Not "some" fords tom, all modern fords upto 2.0 use pug diesel engines
Thanks given by:
Nice to see something different being tried out!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Nice to see something different being tried out!
Possibly being tried lol. Wink. Gonna be down to money again I think. :?
Thanks given by:
Get saving!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine (was Dum's) will be probably 170 after I fit my MBC and get the boost up to 19 psi.

I'll need a clutch though, and that'll cost a fair whack!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Heh, sorry couldn't resist. Tongue Anything guaranteed to take you past 160bhp begins to get expensive, depends how far you want to take it.

Forgot your clutch was still ok Danny, got to be in a minority though...?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Cheers for that darren! Big Grin

Definitely given me some stuff to think about....Pretty sure I can't afford the whole 16 v block so will have to see what I can do. Which cars use the same engine out of interest, think I saw in your thread that some Fords also use it?

I can see now why more people don't do it, but I'm not gonna give up just yet. Wink

How the f*ck are you going to afford that Tom? You moan about a car doing 40+ mpg
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:How the f*ck are you going to afford that Tom? You moan about a car doing 40+ mpg

lmao
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Cheers for that darren! Big Grin

How the f*ck are you going to afford that Tom? You moan about a car doing 40+ mpg

Because I don't WANT to pay ridiculous prices for fuel for a car I.don't even like,.....paying for shiny things that make you go faster though.......is very different!

Plus, this is currently all theoretical for a paper based college project atm.... Wink
Thanks given by:
Ha ha so its not going to happen you just want to rob peoples knowledge to pass your course!! Win for the deviousness
Thanks given by:
Who acaully says they run siemens management anyway? IIRC thats a load of crap, as both ones ive had have been bosch CR EDC15C2.....

IIRC the siemens ones are the volvo ones etc that have the HP pump attached to the camshaft and the plastic intake...and the ally intake ones with the convention HP pump in its normal place are bosch as far as I can see?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Ka
Thanks given by:
Darren. TB, said they run simens. Will have a look on serive box later and see.
I know the 2.2 16v runs bosch and the heads pretty much the same (uses the same HG) although the pistons are the same diamiter the little end may be in a diffrent place meaning custom rods may be needed.
Thanks given by:
Would the Siemens management normally run bosche injectors? Guess they might.... Either way, the injectors out my 2.0 16v motor are Bosch....so can't see any reason why you can't just run it on stock management mapped....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
think the confusion lies where people are talking about different engines.
I asked about the 1.6 hdi 16valve, tb said it runs siemens and any ive seen since do infact run on that sytem.

cant comment on the 2.0 though
Thanks given by:
The DV6's (1.6's) run R70 bosch pumps though?

Just a quick look on service box and the 2.0 16v (in the 307 and 407) run siemens or delphini pumps cam mounted.

Darren, just a thought, if you have Bosch injectors in yours maybe its the 2.2 head?
Thanks given by: