Alpine 318is K reg BMW £400

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpine 318is K reg BMW £400
Right, here it is - straight out

A wonderfully classic 20 year old BMW! 140bhp 1.8l perv that makes you the boss on thee Autobahn!

It is a wonderful drive and pulls like mad but 2 doors too few for me now. RWD is ftw!

MOT'ed last month! needed brakes bled and new exhaust to but not including cat.

[Image: 8475600391_68d25dd727_b.jpg]

Bad bits....there are a few

Drivers side window seal is wonky and water gets into the foot well. Sorted with ducttape for now..can still open window but need to replace ducttape from time to time.

Spoiler slid off on day last year and didn't get round to re fitting it as didn't trust myself with tigerseal. It is included and will be lying on the back seats!

The master cylinder needs replaced (so says my garage) brakes go soft over time but no leaks so must be a tiny tear somewhere. Brakes are fantastic after bleed, but over a course of about 2 months they go soft and need to rebleed.

Rust on drivers side arch. You can get a replacement though with the pinstripe they are rare. I have badly sprayed over but its not a nice rust spot. Couple of small spots on other side and on bonnet. but hey its 20 years old!!!

Radio is temperamental. a combination of increasing the volume and changing track will paralyze half the buttons and need to give it bash to get it going again.

Fans like to squeak at you. They did stop working, replaced the heater spring coil thing and started again but still squeak.

Immobiliser. this is a biggun...The alarm got wet and went mental the day after I bought her. So some electrician in Glasgow ripped it out and bypassed it. But as people on the forum should know, I aint the kinda guy who would steal a car so please believe me...it was taken out on purpose due to a fault. But no immobiliser and no alarm any more!

ICV causes revs to go up and down a bit. Replaced, cleaned whacked and comes and goes but doesn't affect ride other than occasionally at idle where girls think your revving at them Tongue (which is odd when my wife is at the wheel) .

That's pretty much it. oh, couple of chips on the windscreen.

Does come with 5CD changer!

For offers around £400 this is a bargain Tongue and the engine is so sweet on the motorway, done quite a few miles. Mileage is 140k i think, but ill check that.

used it to go to Glasgow from York every two weeks for the past year. Its a comfortable ride.

PLEASE read what I wrote before asking if it's got any faults.

This has a year mot but no tax and it's in York.

Did I mention you get green interior led lights plus an analog clock factory fitted?!

£400 ONO!

Really don't want to scrap her :..-( Don't get me wrong, this is NOT a non-runner. I still use it daily, but will need attention and care.
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Bargain that is mate would snap it up as a toy if i didn't have the 6

Glwts Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No longer for sale. 1992 BMW 318is. Stance thingy. disco stu 28 9,341 24-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  BMW 318is Black Poodle 0 860 01-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Poodle