Alternator belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternator belt
Anyone changed one on a 206 2.0hdi? I assume it's the same as on the 306? I have no a/c so routing seems easy enough, my hands will be in bits though.

Also is it a pre loaded top pulley? And is it 16mm spanner? Cheers in advance..
Thanks given by:
On a hdi the top pulley is 13mm iirc and non ac on a 306 hdi is 1170 again, iirc
Thanks given by:
The top pulley is preloaded, yeah. Can lock it off with an allen key or pick while you take the belt off/fit the new one. 13mm as Sean says.

Thats the wrong belt size though, I dont know what size the non ac hdis use off the top of my head, something like 1230 iirc. Your local motor factors should be able to sort you out when you give them your reg and tell them its non ac.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm sure mines a 1170 poodle!
Thanks given by:
Yeah belt isn't a problem, they have that in stock up the road. Not sure if its because its a 206, but i think it's a 1468 belt.

Sadly I don't even have my own a set of spanners with me anymore as i live in an apartment and have real storage. So need to buy some. FML
Thanks given by:
You guys sure its a 13mm?
Thanks given by:
is on a 306... and this is a 306 forum!

maybe 206oc would be better for you?
Thanks given by:
They're not very active over there.
Thanks given by:
try peugeot forums.

unfortunatly no one here has a 206 hdi.

buy a set of spanners and then you'll see what size the nut is!
Thanks given by:
It doesn't matter what hdi its on, they probably use the same pulley. I was making sure its a 13mm, as I've also been told 15mm and I don't want to buy a whole set, as I have a set, just in my parents garage 100miles away
Thanks given by:
Sean, i'm fairly sure yours is not an original non ac is it? Didn't you just take the ac out? If so, it's a different route, therefore a different belt length. 1468 is probably right TY-HDI, if it's not you can always return it on the grounds they've supplied the wrong part.

Have just been out and checked, and the head on the pulley is definitely a 16mm hex.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh okay. Sorry poodle! X
Thanks given by:
Lol no worries man, didn't mean that to come across as having a go.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers poodle, mines is a 15mm though. Odd. All done now anyway £18 for belt and spanner, took 20 minutes or £57+VAT at the garage.
Thanks given by:
Huh, random...

Yeah, that's exactly why i started working on the car in the first place, garages are so expensive. Sad
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah Very expensive. I'm willing to try most things myself, especially smaller jobs. Wish I had more space to work/store tools and I would do more.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 HDI Alternator belt sprung adjuster pulley bouncing. cheapo 5 1,247 12-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Alternator belt idle pulleys Slam Wagon 4 1,498 09-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Poodle