GUIDE: Fitting Upper & Lower Strut Braces

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GUIDE: Fitting Upper & Lower Strut Braces
QUICK REPLY NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Just come to fit my rippthrough lower brace, but I have a power steering pipe that runs under the engine in the way. If I give it a bit of force I can just get it on, will that be ok?

Here we go.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorted it, someone had bolted the pipe wrong way round before hand.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Yeah that pipe was a bit low on mine and rattled on the brace until I adjusted where it sat
Thanks given by:
Yeah once I noticed where it was wrong the brace went on fine.
Didn't think it should of been that low.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Those sometimes get bolted on too low even when they're up in the right place - there's quite a lot of slop on the bolt holes, so it's worth checking it's as far up as it'll go before fitting a brace anyway Smile
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
You still making these Phil?
Thanks given by:
I will be when I get chance - I've got some steel bent up ready, just need to weld up some ends and chop and weld the lot together, things are a bit hectic atm, lost my nan about 6 weeks back and my grandad's in a bit of a mess, so I'm on babysitting duty/suicide watch at the minute, which is taking up most of my spare time.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2014, 12:24 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: I will be when I get chance - I've got some steel bent up ready, just need to weld up some ends and chop and weld the lot together, things are a bit hectic atm, lost my nan about 6 weeks back and my grandad's in a bit of a mess, so I'm on babysitting duty/suicide watch at the minute, which is taking up most of my spare time.

Phil can I have a lower Brace for my phase2 6 please only dropped 30mm & Did you ever make the uppers also ?
Money waiting .....
Need in 2-3 wks or sooner ...tomorrow even if that's possible whistle

PS can't get PMs on here yet not 100 posts yet ?
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 01:08 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(27-09-2014, 12:24 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: I will be when I get chance - I've got some steel bent up ready, just need to weld up some ends and chop and weld the lot together, things are a bit hectic atm, lost my nan about 6 weeks back and my grandad's in a bit of a mess, so I'm on babysitting duty/suicide watch at the minute, which is taking up most of my spare time.

Phil can I have a lower Brace for my phase2 6 please only dropped 30mm & Did you ever make the uppers also ?
Money waiting .....
Need in 2-3 wks or sooner ...tomorrow even if that's possible whistle

PS can't get PMs on here yet not 100 posts yet ?

doubt he will see this thread as he posted last year. Youll be able to PM soon enough.
Thanks given by:
I saw it, and the other one Big Grin

I've got enough for 10-12 braces but am busy with the buggy and some other work for the next week or two, I'll see if I can knock some up the weekend after next.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide: Lynx Rotrex SuperCharger Fitting Guide Eeyore 0 1,482 18-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Guide; GTi6 Spliter Fitting Dum-Dum 4 5,274 08-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Last Post: woody90
  GUIDE: Fitting a Reversing Camera Eeyore 1 2,802 30-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: TheLurchmeister