Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
speedo bulbs
#1
Rainbow 
I made a stupid mistake of trying to fit led backlight bulbs in my Speedo. Some bulbs didn't work so i changed them back to normal but now some bulbs don't seem to work, the bit where the bulb connects to the board seems to have been scratched by the led bulbs. Now some don't work and one flickers all the time when going over bumps, is this repairable or will I have to get new clocks?

please help thanks!
#2
(14-02-2013, 01:22 PM)aaron_one Wrote: I made a stupid mistake of trying to fit led backlight bulbs in my Speedo. Some bulbs didn't work so i changed them back to normal but now some bulbs don't seem to work, the bit where the bulb connects to the board seems to have been scratched by the led bulbs. Now some don't work and one flickers all the time when going over bumps, is this repairable or will I have to get new clocks?

please help thanks!

LED's need to be put in a certain way to make a circuit turn them 180 degrees and they should work if they're working at all.

check that the bulb contacts are clean and not blown.

here's what I'd do:

try cleaning the board with some electrical contact cleaner or by wiping it with a soft cloth an a bit of wd40.Check the the bulb holder/s are not corroded if so clean them up or replace them.

hope this may be of help.
#3
Thanks very much I'll do that in the next few days and you know how it goes!
#4
As said above - LED's are polarity sensitive. Loads of people make this mistake.
#5
I tried turning them round so I think they've scratched into the board making the connections bad Sad hence why my normal bulbs are occasionally flickering Sad shame because I really liked them


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  speedo rev counter bulbs tuttyboy84 26 15,737 10-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Iceman299

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)