central locking qustion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
central locking qustion.
hi folks well since i bought my 306 the remote centrel locking never worked and the key wouldnt turn the locks in the doors and the boot i assume for one reason or another the car got a new ignition barrel at some stage if i put down the window and push down the little snib or whatever you call it lol it locks the 2 doors and the boot so the central locking itself must be working.

i want to get all the locks and ignition from another car the thing is will the remote central locking work after i swap them over if one will i be able to program the donar key with my own car?
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 02:25 AM)jpderv Wrote: hi folks well since i bought my 306 the remote centrel locking never worked and the key wouldnt turn the locks in the doors and the boot i assume for one reason or another the car got a new ignition barrel at some stage if i put down the window and push down the little snib or whatever you call it lol it locks the 2 doors and the boot so the central locking itself must be working.

i want to get all the locks and ignition from another car the thing is will the remote central locking work after i swap them over if one will i be able to program the donar key with my own car?

on a sde note what battery goes in the key have a load of them little batteries in the house but there all to small.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 10:47 AM)jpderv Wrote:
(14-02-2013, 02:25 AM)jpderv Wrote: hi folks well since i bought my 306 the remote centrel locking never worked and the key wouldnt turn the locks in the doors and the boot i assume for one reason or another the car got a new ignition barrel at some stage if i put down the window and push down the little snib or whatever you call it lol it locks the 2 doors and the boot so the central locking itself must be working.

on a sde note what battery goes in the key have a load of them little batteries in the house but there all to small.

inside the fob it's self it should say what battery it takes example phase 1 no alarm takes a CR2016.

You can see the number just where the battery sits onto the metal bracket/holder.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 01:06 PM)Face. Wrote:
(14-02-2013, 10:47 AM)jpderv Wrote:

inside the fob it's self it should say what battery it takes example phase 1 no alarm takes a CR2016.

You can see the number just where the battery sits onto the metal bracket/holder.

thanks mate just found it cr1620 it is just have to try and find one now lol.
Thanks given by:
Score of quid off ebay, universal central locking kit, fitted a few for people in work far more range and no f***in about!
Thanks given by:
am i right in thinkin that this is the phase 1 key?
[Image: SD530383.jpg]

if so can this be synced with a 306 ph2 by anychance?
Thanks given by:
My phase 2 looks similar
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
il try a battery in it if i can sync it with my car i wont bother changing locks Smile
Thanks given by:
Think the two button one is needed for the alarm.
As the little button dead lock it.

I think both type keys can be synced as long as it infra red.

you can see if the key is working by getting a camera and looking at the sender.

Phase 2 keys have a transponder thingy in it for the immobiliser to start the car.
Not sure if you can re-sync this to another car.

Phase 1 keys don't as they have a key pad.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,128 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,282 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,622 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306