Life after death? Weird..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life after death? Weird..
Weird subject i know, some people think f*ck all, some people do.. whats your thoughts?

Basically, my gran in scotland is on her way out (shes 86) in hosp atm and just waiting for a phone call basically to say that shes gone..

Here comes the weird part, two of my aunties died 5-6 years ago (3 months between them) one of cancer, one of liver failure etc, and now my gran - whos in and out - has said that she cant go yet because they havent got the house work done yet, and her room isnt ready yet.. and shes still holding on for now, the one auntie died on the 31st of this month, so maybe shell pass on then..

Not a very nice subject, but nice to see what people think about it..
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about your nan dude Sad

I'm a Catholic, so I believe in the whole heaven and hell thing...

/awaits usual epic anti-religious slating
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Sorry to hear about your nan dude Sad

No one should slate you mate Smile Everyone has different views.

Sorry to hear about your nan mate Sad

Im not sure what i believe to be honest, but its nice to think there is something afterwards, or is it us just making ourselves feel better?

Confusing
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:No one should slate you mate Smile Everyone has different views.

Im not sure what i believe to be honest, but its nice to think there is something afterwards, or is it us just making ourselves feel better?

Confusing

I'm just used to it mate, water off a ducks back now :roll:
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about all your pain bud

But personally I don't believe in none of it once you are gone your gone as far as Iam concerned, though wouldn't slate anyone for there beliefs!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:Sorry to hear about your nan dude Sad

I know we don't have any rules on here per-se, however it should be common sense that anyone mocking or abusing another person's religious views or race will have their post deleted and may receive a warning/ban.

That must be really difficult mate, I'm sorry to hear it Sad
Thanks given by:
im a great beleiver on this subject and have read many books.

the human body is just transport for the soul and every soul is eternal and can never die.

my beleif is that we come down to learn lessons and the next carnation to learn more.

the more you learn the more your spirit (soul) grows.

when your gran passes over its my beleif that she will once again be with her loved ones who she herself shared this world.

this world is not our home but school. we return home to the spirit world when its the right time.

some people find this hard to beleive.

TO THE NON BELEIVER, NO EVIDENCE IS POSSIBLE.

TO THE BELEIVER, NO EVIDENCE IS NECESSARY.

but thats just my veiw.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:im a great beleiver on this subject and have read many books.

the human body is just transport for the soul and every soul is eternal and can never die.

my beleif is that we come down to learn lessons and the next carnation to learn more.

the more you learn the more your spirit (soul) grows.

when your gran passes over its my beleif that she will once again be with her loved ones who she herself shared this world.

this world is not our home but school. we return home to the spirit world when its the right time.

some people find this hard to beleive.

TO THE NON BELEIVER, NO EVIDENCE IS POSSIBLE.

TO THE BELEIVER, NO EVIDENCE IS NECESSARY.

but thats just my veiw.

So a form of reincarnation then? I love the idea of that, I hate the idea that after death I'm gone forever, I quite like it here...

And Scott, thanks for that mate.
Thanks given by:
As said your view is your view, i choose not to believe and that's my view doesn't change my opinion of any of you, a death is a sad time whether you believe in life after death, reincarnation or nothing
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would like to believe that this is not everything but i just don't, i think that when your time is up its lights out so to speak, where about in scotland is she? i hope its not raigmore?
Thanks given by:
I've been raised a protestant, so I believe in heaven (not so sure about hell, probably self protective instincts at play there) and I definitely believe that after death we're reunited with our loved ones that have passed before us and I believe that those who are in heaven are watching over us here on earth.

Completely conflicts with my scientific/rational approach to work but I reckon that's why it's called believing and not knowing...
Thanks given by:
^^ totaly agree.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Quite a range of veiws then.. Thing is i went to a physic (SP?) and she seen my auntie walk through the room at the time, she described how she was, how she looked, how she died, everything, even her name and that she was my mums twin.. Thats how i can sort of believe it.

Not feeling down as such with my gran dying, its all something we gotta put up with, and no point in getting depressed, get on with it isnt it..
Thanks given by:
There's nothing wrong with grieving mate, give yourself time to deal with it. I was really close to my grandad, and I didn't let myself be upset about it. It all ended up coming out a couple of weeks later when I was pissed and it wasn't pretty...
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about your nan mate, I lost one grandad last July and the other is in and out hospital constantly, looks like hell be on oxygen soon too...and I personally don't think he's got long left, so I know how your feeling mate.

That said, I don't believe in anything after death, I've been waiting to die for years now and I hope there's nothing after! For me anyway! Maybe people that believe in afterlife get it, and those that don't, don't get it....the thing is there's no proof for either, obviously no ones lived through it, so well never know until you're in that position.
Thanks given by:
I just try and live like there is nothing afterwards, make the most of life, you might not get a second chance!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Don't really know if I believe in a heaven or hell tbh... or life after death? I believe in guardian angels though and I believe in ghosts from past experiences. I've noticed when someone passes someones life is saved or a new one is created and I believe everything happens for a reason.
Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:I just try and live like there is nothing afterwards, make the most of life, you might not get a second chance!

+1, live life while you can
Thanks given by:
Tough times mate sorry to hear it, just need to stay strong, remember the good times and push forward with your life when you are ready and make them proud. :-)

I've had many debates with friends about religion and also my sister is an evangelical Christian. Personally, after reading a lot of the bible and watching various debates I think it is nothing more than a load of stories and myths which served well 1500 years ago but science and morality has moved on a lot since then and when it really comes down to what the bible actually says it doesn't really offer anything special at all. The human mind is pretty predisposed to be illogical in many ways and it's quite a struggle to try and get around these ways of thinking.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about your nan mate.

My parents tell me plenty of weird stories of how i used to tell them of my previous lives, how i remember being born, and all other weird shit that was about 80 years before my time, when i was about 4-5. I dont remember this, but i think there is definately something else there! Ive seen a ghost. People tell me im mad, but swear down i saw it.

Social prejudice cons us into making ourselves beleive otherwise....
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear dude.

I never really believed in ghosts spirits heaven or hell. But recently been talking to my grandad about my uncle that died before I was born. About what he was like etc. said it was a shame never got to meet him.
He turns to me and says you did, apparently when I was about 5 I came out the bathroom saw a man standing in the hallway, I went downstairs and described him to my mum and grandad, apparently I ave an exact description of my uncle.
I shit you not.

Freaked me out, felt like the kid from sixth sense.
But now kinda feel differently. If I saw my uncles ghost/spirit as a kid then what else I true? Also my cousin who is like 3/4 used to see a boy in his room at night. Would ask my auntie in the morning when the boy was coming back to play again at night lol. Freaked her right out haha. So yeah I believe that you come back as a ghost/spirit and wander the earth as you did Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
My views are:

- Everything happens for a reason
- If you live a happy and guilt free life you're reincarnated into something nice, If not you become reincarnated as something horrible
- If this life you're good to others, then the next life will be good to you.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about your Nan mate.

I believe that once you pass, that is it. I don't believe in there being a body and seperate soul/spirit. The 'spirit' is you. The very thing that characterises you from any other person. It is the unique structure and physiology of your brain, and the way in which it has become wired throughout having lived a life with experiences unique to you and the way in which it interacts within itself and with the world around you.

Once you die, my belief is that the 'spirit' dies with you. Your loved ones hold memories of you, and remember you. That i believe IS the spirit people talk of. Memories of someone who once lived, living on. When we dissect cadavers, the body is very much detatched from 'human' so i can see where the idea of the body being a vessle belief comes from.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
I believe yuu become something else whether it's an animal or human, if yuu think about it once your gone were are yuu guna be? Yuu cant just be in some kind of black hole lol ghosts im not too keen on I dont believe in them.. Only when it's dark and creepy at night lol. Heaven and hell im not to sure on as it seems abit strange, think about how many people died since the first person wad created.. There wouldn't be room by now! Lol new life! Has to be! Sorry to hear about your nan Sad x
pink
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Ive seen a ghost. People tell me im mad, but swear down i saw it.

Me too mate, seen a few things that I can't explain as anything other than ghosts.
Thanks given by:
I don't believe in "ghosts", but I have seen some very strange things.

I nearly wrote my car off cos "something" just stepped out of the hedge at night and stood in the road, I didn't stop in time and passed straight through it, turned around cos I was convinced I had ran over something/someone. But I couldn't find anything and there wasn't a scratch on the car. Weird eh?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear about your nan

As far as beliefs go i dont have any i think once were gone were gone
Do you remeber that feeling before you was born? Well thatS what it will be like when we die (imo of course)
Thanks given by:
My mrs mates little one is like 2 n half, and the other night she rang us all creeped out saying he was talking to someone in his bedroom, she went in, and he couldnt say who it was etc, just that he went, i belive in ghosts definetly.. just dunno about any thing else..
Thanks given by:
Remember the feeling before you were born? what the hell??

Im on the fence. the logical part of me says theres nothing afterwards, there cant be.
but then the other logical part of me says nothing can come from nothing, for every action there is an equal and opposite one, and energy is just changed from one form to another.

Would like to believe there is life after death, i doubt we will know about it or remember it.
Although i remember having the shit put up me as a child with seeing ghosts and stuff.(and not on scooby doo)

Also on the point of your nan, i lost mine just over a year ago, was very close to her and still miss her every day. It is inevitable though and it would of been selfish to want our nana to live any longer, still hard to deal with though. Just take one day at a time Smile
Thanks given by:
sweeney1987 Wrote:Remember the feeling before you were born? what the hell??

Yeah nothing and thats whats waiting for us when we die imo
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Death of my 306 ROBCAT 1 1,891 16-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo