Driving Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving Experience
Evening all!

I know that a few of you have done these, with varying levels of enjoyment, and so I'm looking for some advice. It's my dad's birthday next week, and mum has decided that this is what we're getting him, and so I need to work out which one to get him.
It needs to either be close to home (Cornwall) or he could stay with me the night before, in Birmingham, which would mean driving from there to the experience and home in one day.
Also, we're all pretty strapped for cash, so at a push we might be able to muster up £150, but that is the absolute maximum.

Shortened version, can anyone name a company, or preferably give me a link to a driving experience which isn't too far from either Cornwall, or Birmingham on a budget (up to a maximum of £150)

Cheers 'en
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Track day and take his own car?

Probably the best you'll get for £150.
Thanks given by:
the experience things are good...my wife got me one...

but bit lame for the money and time involved...short boring track etc

as said...go for a track day
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Should be able to get some of trackday for that money.

Take a look here, loads of options and tracks at which they do things Smile

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Not sure how much it is but thruxton do single seater which is pretty good
Thanks given by:
I'd say go up to dunkeswell kart circuit, (mansell raceway) or clay pigeon raceway and get a few of you all out together on a proper kart circuit in there karts.

Dunkeswell is a lovely track to drive round
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I can take him out for an hours drive in my 6. Petrol may cost more. He may not enjoy it. But it will definitely be an experience Smile
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
???
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/experiences/
Thanks given by:
He's not going to take his BMW 330d out on track, he wants to drive something other than the car he hoons around every day, without worry of binning it and not having a car any more. I swear some people on here have been on experience days and said they were awesome??
Thanks given by:
my brother did one at castle combe few years back, and loved it, its not to far either
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Srowell went on one, drove like lambos and shit, ask him?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ive got one for xmas but not been yet. Waiting for the weather to pick up a bit.
Pretty shocking tho think its only like 3 laps or something, the parade lap at fcs was 2 laps and that seemed to last for seconds. I imagine when im hooning around in a super car its gonna feel instantaneous.

Tbh im tempted to upgrade it to a rally lesson.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I've found a few now where you get like 15 miles+ or driving which seems far more reasonable than some that I've seen.
Thanks given by:
Keep us updated if you find a good 1 as my mum still owes me 1 of my 21st. I like the look of the 1s where you get to drive 3 or 4 different cars
Thanks given by:
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/su...icelowhigh

Any opinions on this one? Only query is the location really, anyone know what track it would be in Oxfordshire?
Thanks given by:
Silverstone do good experiences. Granted its far but they have a twin seat f1 car
Thanks given by:
The silverstone ones are too expensive, it's like £130 for 3 laps, f*ck that.
Thanks given by:
http://www.silverstone.co.uk/experiences...te-thrill/

Its only a 20minuite session, but id imagine the gforces etc thats all you'd need. Deffiantly be a 1 of experience
Thanks given by:
Not a driving experience though, if I was going down that route I'd do the single seater driving experience. A passenger ride you may as well just go to a theme park imo.
Thanks given by:
i did thruxton. Check out their website they have loads!
Thanks given by:
Which one did you go on? They're all pretty pricey looking tbh, especially if you want to drive more than one car.
Thanks given by:
I thought I'd bump this for other peoples benefit, as I finally did this a few weeks ago.

I did it at Prescott Hall, with Everyman Racing. Did the 3 car experience and drove an Aston DB9, Ferrari 360, Lamborghini Gallardo and Nissan GTR.

Suffice to say it was absolutely awesome, the instructors were very encouraging...apart from the DB9 guy who I think I scared coming into the first corner pretty hot, but he came around to my driving style Tongue

You don't get to bounce them off the limiter or anything, but you aren't left wanting for speed. Awesome stuff and pretty good value given the cumulative cost and power of the cars you get to drive.
Thanks given by:
How much did it set you back mate? Id love to have a go in a DB9!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
DB9 was the least appropriate track car ever, you can feel it weighs at least a tonne too much! I think it was £125 for 3 laps in each car. Also bought a half price voucher when we were there (went with my dad) for like £20, so next time I get 50% off any experience up to the value of £250.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, i don't care how the car drives. There is 2 cars that i just adore. DB9 and F-type R. I would give a bollock to drive them in my lifetime!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sounds good bud! Missus bought me one for Christmas and I've booked it on her birthday, 11th June as they didn't have my birthday available Friday 13th June Tongue
I don't think it cost all too much but I know I've got a hot lap in a supercar, I get to drive a Lamborghini gallardo, 4x4 off road experience and hand braking a rally renault Clio Smile
It's also a VIP package so I get a photo, accident waiver etc
Absolutely can't wait ! Big Grin
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
If it's at the same place as mine, the offroad experience is pants lol, but the rest will be awesome. The Gallardo was epic too.

We didn't bother with photos or insurance, that's how they make half of the money once you're there, s'all about the hoonage for me!
Thanks given by:
I think I did one with them - it's around Loughborough isn't it ? I did the one loosely based on the Italian job as I'm a bit of a Mini nut. Started in a 52 seater coach which was different, auto test style circuit in a MINI Cooper, fast laps in a Cooper, instructor driven laps in a Cooper S and then to top it all a number of laps in an E-type. Brilliant.

They also had other cars on the same circuit - Ferrari, Porsche and Noble that kept going off backwards !
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2014, 09:13 PM)Niall Wrote: To be honest, i don't care how the car drives. There is 2 cars that i just adore. DB9 and F-type R. I would give a bollock to drive them in my lifetime!

So one for each... youd have no bollox left? Sure you want to drive both?
Thanks given by:
Yep, just down the road from looga-barooga, airfield track.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track Experience Mighty306 8 2,131 03-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Alan_M
  TerraClean - Anyone have first hand experience? Ben 22 6,545 27-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: anto
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,377 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy