Rat Rods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat Rods
Not quite the same but I know where there's a fairly solid Rover P5 3 litre with a ruined engine, got so many evil ideas about buying it and lobbing a big diesel out of a van in it. Also got pretty easy access to a 2.8TD Iveco...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ok, I've just asked about it and its mine for 300 quid, someone talk me out of it.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Do it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Get it done already!!!

Or let me do it!!! Lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Ive never been a fan of "rat" cars, but I watched that "Sin City motors" (I think). The garage was called "Welderup" if thats the same show.

They did a car for the salt flats and looked the tits! Quite keen on these now, but as said, would never be able to build a decent one in this country Sad
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
Sin city motors was pretty good. 25k for that build though.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pretty cool before and after:

[attachment=16386]

Also, sin city motors was just on if anyone missed it. This time a work horse of a truck with an old school can swap. All in the detail, and a shifter grant would be jealous of.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd love to build one, but not in the UK

Too many mot rules in the way to build something truly mental (What's the point of a ratrod that isn't road legal) and American parts are too hard to come by/expensive.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2014, 01:28 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I'd love to build one, but not in the UK

Too many mot rules in the way to build something truly mental (What's the point of a ratrod that isn't road legal) and American parts are too hard to come by/expensive.

See I totally disagree with that. I think building one with a UK twist would be mental. Theres some really cool bases around with separate chassis's and plenty of cheap V8s in the scrap yards. Everything in between is just ingenuity.
Thanks given by:
I guess something like an old jag could be pretty cool
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2014, 02:20 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I guess something like an old jag could be pretty cool

Mmmmmm V12

but stuff like reliant scimatr with its ford V6 and running gear and other old british stuff thats cheap when the body is made of rust.

I still reckon a Transit or london taxi chassis could be a good base with a reproduction body.
Thanks given by:
London taxi is half way there tbh.. and has a derv engine do bring on the coal and turbo sticking above bonnet.. have to make some sort of Pyrex bonnet to put up with head and keep it legal though?
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2014, 09:02 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: London taxi is half way there tbh.. and has a derv engine do bring on the coal and turbo sticking above bonnet.. have to make some sort of Pyrex bonnet to put up with head and keep it legal though?

I seem to remember them being 12mm pumps too. THe old ones even have a separate rad cowling. Nice skinny front wheels with shiny hub caps too.
Thanks given by: