Air compressors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air compressors
Looking at buying a air compressor. Want to make use of all the air tools I've got lol.
Don't really know much about them So after some advice. Got about 150 to spend and don't mind if I have to go for a second hand one.
I'm a bit confused about the sizes really. I don't want anything that will be charging up every 30 seconds. Will 50L do for general home use? Also, what sort of Cfm will I be looking at to drive things like buzz guns and air ratchets? Don't want to buy one that can't run my tools! Lol

Cheers guys
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'll have a look at my one at work tomorow bud I think it's 160 litres, but from what we run of it I think a 50 should do you for home use
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers. Was looking at a Clarke one but there all 6-7 Cfm and I don't think that's enough to run a buzz gun
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
CFM dosnt really matter a huge ammount if your just using airtools...as you have a min of 50L of air stored anyway, so unless you use a impact gun for long enuf to run the air tank out / down far enough to loose to much pressure, then you dont need to worry...

You would only be using it in short bursts...a little 50/100L would be more than enough for home use....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeh as said mate cfm you won't really need to worry about just using a single hand tool we have multiple machines running all day everyday and our 160 litre which isn't big copes and is not allways refilling, make sure you get an inline water filter though
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The one i found that im going to get is a 3hp 50L, just want mine for painting and air tools really, Sip is the make of it, we have 2 at work that have taken some abuse over the last few years and are still working fine
Thanks given by:
Think spraying would be harder on a compressor than air tools.
Personally wouldnt get a 50l, any ive used are on mor than theyre off.

Think 100l be good for home use with a decent motor, especially if spraying
Thanks given by:
For spraying Id want loads more than I think Id need, cause if you ran out whilst you were spraying... youd need to start again cause youd have f*cked up the paint
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Spraying is one of the most intensive things you can do....Most decent sized guns when spraying large things will ra*e small compressors....

The smaller 50L ones are also normally direct motor - compressor drive, and normally run hot as hell and make a bloody wracket....and hate doing long runs (IE spraying)....the slightly bigger / better quality units with proper AC motors / belt drive compressors are generally alot quieter / more reliable...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
ive got a 50L one Direct drive, got it for £50 with 10m air hose and few bits.
does enough for us in the garage,
ive also go to try and get a friends one working, its a petrol powered one, Big Grin
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Iv used one of the sip ones at work for painting, it will hold 12psi no probs, it is a twin piston tho, it dose get hot and make alot of noise but just get a long hose and put it outside
Thanks given by: