alarm reset

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alarm reset
I know my ph1 xtdt has one, an alarm that is,...as it went off once...

my alarm little LED on the dash though is always illuminated, not flashing, just on, doesnt matter if its locked, running, ignition on etc

The RCL works fine and in the 4 years I have had it,its never not started.

But I am thinking that perhaps the alarm is not activated...as my boot lock has stopped working, cant be bothered to fix in the snow, so I opened the boot few times with it all locked up and no alarm sounded.

IS there a way to reset the alarm...or is there another fault I have missed. All earths/fuses are good and present

all help appreciated and repped for
Huh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
2 Things to try. First is the little button by the steering wheel and second is the key under the bonnet by the n/s headlight that turns the system on or off. I did't have the key for my old xrdt so i cut it off and joined the wires, it actually made the full alarm system work!!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I have never spotted a key slot near the headlight...will look for that...thanks

and the button on the column...what does it do and what should I do with it?! Nout in manual
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The button on the steering wheel changes the modes of the alarm iirc so if you have a dog in the car the motion sensors won't set it off, the LED will change flash in sequence to correspond to which mode its in.

Some useful info here: http://206.72.115.172/forums/Topic53374.aspx
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
thanks chap....rep you for helping...

if anyone else has more info on that button on the column I would appreciate it...

to repeat...alarm doesnt go off, and LED is always lit, never flashes, whether its open/locked/running/driving.

What should I expect with a 306 if the alarm is activated, IE do the indicators flash?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 10:30 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: thanks chap....rep you for helping...

if anyone else has more info on that button on the column I would appreciate it...

to repeat...alarm doesnt go off, and LED is always lit, never flashes, whether its open/locked/running/driving.

What should I expect with a 306 if the alarm is activated, IE do the indicators flash?!

Button on the column can be used to deactivate the alarm when it goes off turn key to position A and press in that button within 10 seconds of opening the door like when you remove and reattach a battery.There is a way of setting it so the interior sensors are de-activated like when you have a pet in the car.

The alarm is under one of the front wings, I think it's the passenger side.
I think it gets water damage over time and stops working.

Also when my alarm dead locks the car alarm chirps and the indicators flash.when you unlock it the just flash a few times.

I can post images of the handbook with the alarm section if it's of any help just let me know.
Thanks given by:
yeah please do...mega helpful mate...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[Image: PICT0014_zps645ab3a5.jpg]

[Image: PICT0015_zpsaadffac3.jpg]

[Image: PICT0017_zps7d9a275a.jpg]

[Image: PICT0019_zpscc6e395e.jpg]

Need anything else from the handbook let me know mate.
Thanks given by:
awesome...

my car dont have the key by the headlight!??!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2013, 10:00 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: awesome...

my car dont have the key by the headlight!??!

Phase 1 or 2 car?
Thanks given by:
ph1

looks like a ph1 in the pic though

and I have the LED too...so its not like there isnt an alarm...oh and it went off once!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-02-2013, 12:21 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: ph1

looks like a ph1 in the pic though

and I have the LED too...so its not like there isnt an alarm...oh and it went off once!

check the unit in the wing as they can get water damaged and stop working.
Thanks given by:
yeah thats me next step...I assume n/s wing?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 06:14 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: yeah thats me next step...I assume n/s wing?

Near side wing panel.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alarm. Paulb306 0 1,091 20-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Paulb306
  306 hdi EML how to reset Welshy_Pete 3 1,271 15-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  alarm box John1.4 12 3,710 20-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Last Post: pug306driver