Great!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great!
Star 
So im stuck in a flood right now bored so i thought i would let you guys know.

On my way to get the new brakes from Tallguy_2. Get to a flood so naturally slow right down drop down the gears and come through in first, im now 6ft from the other side and it wont start, just a cough and a splutter.

All i can say is damn the crappy english weather and for the first time i think i have a little regret about driving such a low car, only a little though.

Hope everyone elses evening is going a bit better.

Ian
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bit of a shitter mate.

Hope all gets sorted!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Pray it's not sucked any into the engine :-(
Thanks given by:
Cheers, at least its a story to tell. Thats what i always end up thinking anyway.

And now its snowing. Awww
Thanks given by:
wana travel through water...buy a boat...

sucks though mate...my wifes 306 td survived being drowned...cylinders were full...still fine 2yrs and 30k later
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thats a bit of good news then. Im still feeling pretty determined to get these brakes, maybe they would have helped, not sure how though.
Thanks given by:
I stripped the engine, I/C, intake pipes, everything was full...

removed glow plugs and turned it over by hand a few times, then spun it over with the starter till it spat no more, left it in a garage with heaters overnight...then started it with no intake piping on.

Dried it all out, all fine.
Interior was drenched too, so had to strip it.

but seriously....a boat is a much better idea
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha, ill remember to borrow my dads boat next time i try this then.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:57 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I stripped the engine, I/C, intake pipes, everything was full...

removed glow plugs and turned it over by hand a few times, then spun it over with the starter till it spat no more, left it in a garage with heaters overnight...then started it with no intake piping on.

Dried it all out, all fine.
Interior was drenched too, so had to strip it.

but seriously....a boat is a much better idea

Trouble is it sounds like he has tried to start it after ingesting water!!!

That would probably cause at least bent valves if not rods
Thanks given by:
Aww shit bruu! Beached az!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
yeah me wife brought up by a mechanic and a engine building company...so she knew to just sit there and cry till I came and tugged her out! lol!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ive probably made it worse but i hate sitting and doing nothing.
Thanks given by:
My sedan suffered the same faint in the hands of a woman. Ran but it smoked every colour under the sun and was enuff to burn your eyes from there sockets (ask sam he was following me lol)
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
SHE STARTS! Very lumpy but she starts!

Is this good news?!
Thanks given by:
did you drain it out first?!

Lumpy...if it wasnt before...then no, not good
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Seems to be running smooth now. Idling fine.
Thanks given by:
well well well....lucky man...

next job is to go drive it and wait for the big bang
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well ive driven it home, seems to be running fine, im going to take all the intake piping off tomorrow, dry/clean it all and give it a service as it needs one anyway.

If i have the airbox and maf disconnected by taking the pipe of the back can i expect and difference in running from that?
Thanks given by:
is it a HDi then?! amazed it survived...bit late taking it apart now!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah it is, me too. It looks quite dirty in the pipes and ive got the day off, make me feel a bit better too.
Thanks given by:
Glad you got it home ok. Had a similar "should i have lowered my car" moment when a manhole pulled the fuel piping off the bottom of my car and I had to wait 4 hours in the freezing cold to get recovered. The first two tow trucks couldn't help as my car was too low, the first guy who came out gave me a real earful about how ridiculous it was and why I'd done that to my car. The more annoyed he got the less I wondered why I had the car lowered, he was a dick!!! He rang the job back through to get another truck out but didn't tell them the car was lowered, so they couldn't help either. Eventually one of those with the flat bed that comes all the way down came out, chatted to the guy about lowered cars, asked where I'd got it lowered and it turned out he'd been to RickyP's too.

[Image: A80780AE-FA09-4528-91FB-5ADD7486A15E-660...2d21dc.jpg]
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive had that experience before, the first guy told me my suspension had collapsed. Had two spectacle lifts sent out before they realised a lowered car would need a flatbed.
Thanks given by:
Most recovery company's can't get lowered cars on there trucks because the angles to steep how they would fair if they had to pick up something like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari I don't know
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 11:08 PM)Willo Wrote: Most recovery company's can't get lowered cars on there trucks because the angles to steep how they would fair if they had to pick up something like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari I don't know

Don't know the technical term but the whole bed of the truck slides off and down, so the car is effectively winched onto the bed on the flat, the the whole bed slides up. Wish I'd recorded it, impressive bit of kit.
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20121223_132823.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20121223_132835.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20121223_132847.jpg]

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bit wet round there ain't it
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 08:17 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: so she knew to just sit there and cry till I came and tugged her!

Surely it should be the other way around!

But on a more serious note dude pray that you get out of this one with just a soggy engine and not bent things worst thing is to try and re-start it Sad
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lucky fucker. If it happens again dont try and start it lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ok so trying to make things a bit better this morning but i dont know where to start, ive taken all the air box off to dry/clean it. Theres definitely water in the oil, and it smokeys like crazy this morning. Very white. What are my options now. Ill start a thread in the hdi section.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-10808.html. The story continues
Thanks given by:
Take the glow plugs out and crack it over a few times. Best drop the oil out as well by the sounds of it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up A great day for the 306 community puglove 35 4,687 11-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Last Post: procta
  Great south run ginge191 6 1,715 26-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  Great MissTap_GTI6 26 10,575 03-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam