best stage 1 map?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best stage 1 map?
ive got a mate that can download a map for me but i thought id ask everyone which is the best stage one map to buy (currently running a stainless turbo back exhaust with decat) , as in Prosteve, HDi tuning etc etc. give me your vote! cheers
Thanks given by:
TB205GTi does the best maps.

Hes a member on here but you might get a faster response if you find him on TDOCUK

He can do anything you want from a stage 1 to a full custom map. Hes done all my recent ones and theyer more powerful and less smokey than anything else ive seen.
Thanks given by:
how does the clutch cope with the extra power? any slippage?
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 05:57 PM)grouty Wrote: how does the clutch cope with the extra power? any slippage?

On a stage one unless your clutch is already f*cked it won't slip, going into stage 2 territory on full torque you will slip your clutch though.
Thanks given by:
In your opinion, Chris...

Personally i prefer pro_steve (incidentally pro_steve IS HDi-tuning.co.uk), mainly because he'll do exactly what you ask him to, maintains excellent communication at all times and is generally a lovely chap. I'm running at least 130bhp and 220lbft from a pro_steve map (advanced stage 1) with no clutch slip, and i abuse the fecker lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
There's also Mr whippy who is an active member on here.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
i had a map done by longlife i regret and wanna get one done by someone on here but seems a mission to try get anythin sorted Sad
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 06:04 PM)Poodle Wrote: In your opinion, Chris...

Personally i prefer pro_steve (incidentally pro_steve IS HDi-tuning.co.uk), mainly because he'll do exactly what you ask him to, maintains excellent communication at all times and is generally a lovely chap. I'm running at least 130bhp and 220lbft from a pro_steve map (advanced stage 1) with no clutch slip, and i abuse the fecker lol.

advanced stage 1? what does that include? pro steve does seem to get some good feedback, id be loading the map myself. what programs and leads will i need?
Thanks given by:
I helped a friend of mine put a pro steve map on his car, and i know the chap kept good communication the whole time, more than happy with the service provided, and putting the map on myself was fairly straight forward.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:08 PM)Tom Wrote: I helped a friend of mine put a pro steve map on his car, and i know the chap kept good communication the whole time, more than happy with the service provided, and putting the map on myself was fairly straight forward.

what leads and program did you use? whats the mpg like with a pro steve map?
Thanks given by:
I've used galletto to do a few HDi maps now.

Two out of three hdis I've stage 1'd now have slipping clutches. The other now has a brand new clutch. Mpg doesn't seem any different with or without different maps for me.

What's your ECU number BTW?
Thanks given by:
ill find out in the daylight. if the clutch starts slipping then ill just put a helix in to make way for a stage 2 map later on Big Grin
Thanks given by:
If you are thinking of going stage 2 that's probably a good idea. If you're staying stage 1 (which gets boring quickly) then a new standard will be fine. Smile
Thanks given by:
might as well upgrade it while changing it. are there any blocks on the ecu that will try and block me from remapping?
Thanks given by:
I found whippys maps to be good. I ran a 128 then a 133 after a service where a mate with the exact same map ran a 128 also
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
how much did the whippy map cost you? is the drive really as different as people make out?
Thanks given by:
It does make that much of a difference, well worth the money imo.

Mine is made for a refurbished R70 pump, 1800bar FRPS, and free-flow exhaust, total cost excluding map is ~£550. I don't yet have a proper exhaust sorted, that should free up some more judging by the smoke. Wink However, in terms of bang for your buck - the same money would be better spent on stage 2.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 10:16 PM)Poodle Wrote: It does make that much of a difference, well worth the money imo.

Mine is made for a refurbished R70 pump, 1800bar FRPS, and free-flow exhaust, total cost excluding map is ~£550. I don't yet have a proper exhaust sorted, that should free up some more judging by the smoke. Wink However, in terms of bang for your buck - the same money would be better spent on stage 2.

i just fitted a turbo back full stainless scorpion system to mine today Big Grin
Thanks given by: