Legal Pressed Plates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Pressed Plates
Well mine passed mot. Last time I was stopped for no seat belt he mentioned the plates, he was more bothered the plate had a black border than they were pressed, told him they had the supplier postcode and legal stamp. He didn't mention them when I said that.

It is not law for the plates to be plastic, its just because pressed aren't reflective but glossy. Most cops will follow you and as long as the anpr can read your reg not bother. I got a bus lane fine last week, so I know mine are definitely reflective

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 01:08 PM)puglove Wrote: Yeah but the cops dont really go for the OAP's on things like this hence why you havnt been pulled lmao

you bastard. wheres that neg repp button.Censored
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha sorry dude. Couldnt resist Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 01:53 PM)Arron Wrote: Well mine passed mot. Last time I was stopped for no seat belt he mentioned the plates, he was more bothered the plate had a black border than they were pressed, told him they had the supplier postcode and legal stamp. He didn't mention them when I said that.

It is not law for the plates to be plastic, its just because pressed aren't reflective but glossy. Most cops will follow you and as long as the anpr can read your reg not bother. I got a bus lane fine last week, so I know mine are definitely reflective

Well we had a MOT inspector come into work the other day and there was a golf in with pressed plates and he said hope that didn't get MOTed with them plates on cuz they aren't reflective. So they shouldn't pass a MOT but it all depends who tests it.

MOT rules and what the police rules are seem to be 2 completely different things!
Thanks given by:
Just to clarify, they are not legal! Trust me I've been a police officer for many years and they are not legal!

Just because a police officer uses his discretion and doesn't issue a £60 FPN doesn't mean it's not illegal.

Non conforming reg plates are not high priorities for most police forces so you will rarely be targeted.
Thanks given by:
mine seem ok

[Image: Photo0623_zpsfcf74d15.jpg]
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
WHat does that reg say? lol ^^^
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
R345XON??
Thanks given by:
The vehicles at work with forces plates are metal pressed...
Thanks given by:
MOD vehicles are a different kettle of fish, they are permitted To use black number plates with white writing even though the vehicle was not registered before September 1973.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 12:26 PM)Meridian Wrote: R345XON??

I'm being sarcastic Big Grin its just not that clear on that photo when he says they're fine
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
So was I :-)
Thanks given by:
Phone camera i used ninja
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by: