£9.99 HIDs on amazon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£9.99 HIDs on amazon
Surely there's something I'm missing!?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Factorykiss-Xeno...601&sr=1-2

£9.99 for 2 ballasts with bulbs.. I MUST be missing something.
Thanks given by:
Quite tempted by a set to modify my fogs with if possible... Only think you missed is the £4 postage...
Thanks given by:
yeah obviously postage costs but there's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm tempted..
Thanks given by:
Boring talk now...If you want them more for styling go for the 8000k which is bluer than anything but strictly speaking if you want a nice look and good performance you need 6000k anything beyond that you actually start losing light. The colour temperature you need for the best light output would be 4300k. 5000k is a good place for the pure white light with a slight blue tint but 6000k for the bluey tint that we all know and love, the high end cars you will find use 5000k bulbs.

Call me boring but I researched the colour temps thoroughly as I'm trying to find a cheap set but you've just saved me the legwork. Rep for that man right there!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
May purchase a set for fogs tomorrow. Smile thank you.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what bulb dose the phase 1 take?

Thanks given by:
You know youll all now fail the MOT with HIDs in?
Thanks given by:
Is it not failure for HID's in headlights, but for fogs its not? That what I was under the understanding of....

In which case, am I correct in assuming the fogs are H1?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Any HIDs that arent self levelling, dont have washers and arent in the correct type of lense.

I want to get plugged into PP again and see if i can activate self levelling and fit hids
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 08:27 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: what bulb dose the phase 1 take?

H4 IIRC.

In twin bulb lights I think it is:
H7 dipped beam
H1 main beam

Personally I wouldn't bother with HID main beam lights, I barely ever use my main beams anyway.
Thanks given by:
Front fogs arent tested as part of an MOT though, so they can't be a fail. They may well still be illegal if you're seen using them though.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't want HIDs in a phase 1 lamp as they have frosted glass and it will just scatter the light everywhere.

I have 6000ks in my dipped beam and to be fair they are really good at lighting up the road, far better than a standard or upgraded (osram Nightbreakers for example) bulb would be.

Anything much higher than 6000k will stand out like a sore thumb and 3000k is really, really yellow and will also be very obvious.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I have H.I.Ds in both dipped beam and fogs passed my MOT fine no problems
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Might get some for fogs eventually!
Thanks given by:
Whats the point tho, when have you ever actually needed to use the front fog light?

Unless you wanna tear around McDonalds car park with them lit up, you might as well save the money and hassle.
Thanks given by:
What bulb temp would you need for a nice standard yellow colour?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Last January mine passed fine with hids as dipped beam. But that was before rules kicked in. Depends on your tester really.

I highly recommend them as a upgrade to be fair because country roads at night you really don't need high beam. I have 100w xenons for high beam which are also illegal but they're still no comparison for hids.

If you can afford a decent set go for it. You'll never regret it.

I recommended it to c.a.r and he's happy enough.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 11:31 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: What bulb temp would you need for a nice standard yellow colour?

4300k are as close to standard halogen you get iirc
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 11:58 AM)rocker8742 Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 11:31 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: What bulb temp would you need for a nice standard yellow colour?

4300k are as close to standard halogen you get iirc

4300k are indeed as close to a 'standard' bulb as you can get, they have a very slight yellow tinge.

The only other option is a 3000k bulb which doesn't have very good light output but they are incredibly yellow...

[Image: 381761429_190.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 10:04 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 08:27 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: what bulb dose the phase 1 take?

H4 IIRC.

In twin bulb lights I think it is:
H7 dipped beam
H1 main beam

Personally I wouldn't bother with HID main beam lights, I barely ever use my main beams anyway.

Correct! I had some on my ph1 D turbo but they aren't that great in ph1 headlights and you need to get different wiring for ph1 as they dont work properly. Not sure about the ph2 and 3 headlights though
Thanks given by:
Asked mrs to order me a set of the h1 6k for my fogs and she obliged. Also said she'll pay for them and treat me... Bonus! Means I got to get her something for valentines day now Angry
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Problem is for other road users. I dont care what people say, HIDs in a 306 headlight do dazzle other road users. ive had several behind me before (get a lot of chavvy 306s around here) and it really does dazzle at night. The head light just isnt designed for them! TBH a good set of standard halogen bulbs can be just as good as HIDs at producing light yet they are legal, dont blind others and will probably last longer than these cheap shitty ebay specials.

Fogs on the other hand....I will be converting mine to driving lights with the brightest bulbs in possible for country road driving when there is no one else about. Front fogs are not a legal requirement so all is good!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Bought mine for 20quid brand new (VIP HID) put them in my angel lights on the 306 and they are bloody bright and alot better than standard but my god the dazzle other road users
Thanks given by:
If you are going to go for hids then get the capped 'r' versions, there's a cap over the top of the ark to reduce upwards glare and they're the same price
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers! Just got some to replace the vans broken ones.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I paid about £40 for mine. Been brilliant but have started flickering slightly on start up though. They are a lot brighter than normal but are only properly blinding in phase 2 and 1 headlights. Only use them in crystals or projectors would be my advice!

Also for fogs... I live in the countryside and illuminates the side of the road a lot better! Also I have the fogs on high mod! Its surprisingly foggy in the countryside. However Ill stick with my standard bulbs and yellow laminX for now as i dont fancy having to secure the ballasts on the bottom!
Thanks given by:
This is a bargain - I'm tempted to buy another set! Lol

Well worth a couple of reps? Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 07:38 PM)SRowell Wrote: I paid about £40 for mine. Been brilliant but have started flickering slightly on start up though. They are a lot brighter than normal but are only properly blinding in phase 2 and 1 headlights. Only use them in crystals or projectors would be my advice!

Not entirely accurate Sam....there's a reason I tend to follow you places instead of going in front! Tongue.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 10:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not entirely accurate Sam....there's a reason I tend to follow you places instead of going in front! Tongue.

Surely that's because..

1) You'd get lost
2) you drive slow due to MPGz, yo!
Thanks given by:
No its because Sam drives with lights constantly....and they're bloody blinding HIDs haha.

Well and the fact I'd get lost. Tongue

And yes I drive slowly now I have a HDi. Sad in the golf I drove infront as he couldnt keep up Tongue ....atleast I could make a smoke screen with that though. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon Firestick + Kodi tigerstyle 23 5,662 29-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Last Post: cully
  Amazon Seller Eeyore 10 1,970 27-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Clarkson and Co now with Amazon prime Iceman299 6 1,457 01-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Matt