CHP, BSI, TEXTON

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHP, BSI, TEXTON
I've just swapped my ECU and BSI. The car runs ok but the RCL isn't now working, it was working before the swap.

The key fob I got with the ECU didn't have a battery in so do you think it's just a case of syncing the fob with the BSI by the ignition and button trick or do you think it might be something more involved?

The annoying thing is I can't remember if I connected the yellow plug on the BSI, I think I did but I was rushing and now I can't remember.

Does any one know if the car would start without the yellow plug connected?

I'm guessing that the red slide plug is the one that goes to the ECU with the wake up signal and the yellow is the one that does the RCL stuff, is this right?
Thanks given by:
Im not too sure which plugs do what but i would try the resync
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I've opened up the fob to check the switches on the board are ok but one of them is covered with some sort of goo. I'll try cleaning it with switch cleaner tomorrow and then try the resync.

I tried looking at the wiring diagrams you posted but it doesn't say which plug is which and the Haynes manual doesn't show the BSI at all.
Thanks given by:
It's all working now. I used your PP guide to add a couple of keys and fobs to the car.

I remembered after that there's a spare key around my parents that I need to add as well.
Thanks given by: