Small Bits For a Turbo Change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Bits For a Turbo Change?
Hoping to get a TD04 installed and after searching I've worked out I need a Turbo (duh!), adaptor plate and the oil line.

What about smaller things like a D-seal? Want to make sure I have everything for when it gets done.
Thanks given by:
D seal, the tdo4 oil return pipe is shorter than the standard turbo so you will need a longer length of pipe

I changed the gasket on the elbow while it was easy to get to for the sake of a few quid

New inlet gasket and I think that's about it really
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
O-rings for the high pressure oil line (new line might have them), for the sake of a few pence they're probably worth changing, and forget about them all together and you'll have serious leakage!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Oh this car is gonna be even more epic. You need a project thread up for it! Not seen any pics of it since you've had it.

Will be keeping an eye on this!
Thanks given by:
You'll need (IMO):

New inlet/exhaust gasket.
New D-Seal
Length of pipe for oil return - make sure the turbo comes with a drain pipe...
Exhaust elbow gasket if you're keeping with the OEM elbow.
Coolant - for if you decide you need to pull off the heater matrix pipe on the right hand side of the head to wiggle the turbo past...
Custom air intake pipe if you plan on using a filter - I run defiltered but would always recommend anyone uses a filter.

Then obviously adapter plates, turbo and the oil line.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Tbh I would just forget about a td04! Look into other turbos which will spool sooner. I'm going for a new k03 after having a td04 for 6 months
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
As David says, there's much better turbos out there...

BUT - can you be bothered with the hassle of wondering if it'll fit...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Anything will fit with the correct persuasion tool
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies Smile

Atm I'll stick with the TD04 as haven't driven it properly in 2 weeks and not working either because car is broken.
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 11:17 AM)Ruan Wrote: As David says, there's much better turbos out there...

Esp after spending £250 on a turbo and bits to get it working! I have a bad feeling my '25 isn't gunna fit Undecided
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 11:50 AM)strictly_derv Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 11:17 AM)Ruan Wrote: As David says, there's much better turbos out there...

Esp after spending £250 on a turbo and bits to get it working! I have a bad feeling my '25 isn't gunna fit Undecided

A hammer and angle grinder always makes stuff fit Wink
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Best to get all the gaskets and seals from Pug? Was looking on ebay but then I can't return them if certain things don't get used, depends what Kris takes off to do the job.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo relocation xud11 and 1.4 hdi bits Sambo the bodger 7 4,737 04-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
Star Turbo change advice on xud ashdturb 2 1,167 19-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post: ashdturb
  oil problem after turbo change willJspears 15 2,686 27-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Last Post: willJspears