Electric Window

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Window
Hi all,
Back end of last year was driving home from my mothers and decided to go through the tyne tunnel basically my window decided not to go down all the way and i couldnt get my arm out far enough to pay to go through now i decided it would be a good idea to "help" the window down by pulling on it and pressing the button well you can props guess the rest a 50 minute journey took me 2 hours as i ahd to stop and try and get it back in place i took the car to the garage an he said the regulator had gone

3 questions remember i useless with elertronics well cars in general

1. What the hell is a regulator

2. does any body have 1 for a Phase 1 D turbo and how much do you want for it

3. are the easy to fit

Cheers

Gav
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Here you go!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=car+window+regulator

they are rivetted in so to replace it youd have to drill them out and put a new one in with replacement rivets of bolts. Put it this way when i bought window regulators off mooey65 he cut the outerdoor skin to get them out for me! Big Grin However I dont understand how the regulator can break. maybe just the wire has come off one of the pulleys?
Thanks given by:
There not hugely difficult. Bit fiddly as you have to work inside the door but not that bad.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric window goes down but not up and battery light illuminated 306rhys 11 1,897 27-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  Electric window compatibility? Nezza42 4 1,067 19-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Nezza42
Music removing rear electric window motors Just Sean 21 4,709 31-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle