GUIDE: Sticker Bombing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GUIDE: Sticker Bombing
Wiki - Sticker bombing is a form of street art where an image is publicly displayed using stickers.

There are two books that you want to get your hands on; Sticker Bomb Book 1 and Sticker Bomb Book 2. Each costs around £10 and contains lots and lots of stickers.

1) Take a sticker of your choice from the book and place it on the item you want to stickerbomb!

[Image: IMG_20111004_141006.jpg]

2) Repeat step 1 until the item of choice is covered! If some start to peel off wrapped around edges etc sticky tape may be useful to give extra stick. Best to make sure its somewhere you arent going to see it though!

[Image: IMG_20111004_145022.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111005_190804.jpg]

3) Admire your work!

[Image: IMG_20111006_132928.jpg]

NB: Remember not to choose your favourite stickers first as they will be covered up by the others. I would say try to use all the really big boring ones first and keep the small more interesting ones for the top layer! Use the large stickers for edges as they will stick better. Small stickers on the edges tend to loose their sticky and peel very easily!

NB2: People who have put them outside the car find that they become bleached by the sun so be aware of this!

NB3: Do not lacquer the stickers as it turns into one big mess and the colour runs! I bought some sticky plastic sheet stuff used to protect books for 59p from sainsburys and was planning on using that before realising i didnt need to!

Have fun sticker bombing!

Update 1: Sticker bombed radio surround!
[Image: IMG_20121222_225928-1.jpg]

Update 2: Sticker bombed steering wheel coweling!
[Image: IMG_20121226_234231-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20121226_234219-1.jpg]

After over a year all of the stickers are still sticking fine. The main problem that on the front side of the sun visors they have all faded from the sun. More stickers are required! Also its a pain trying to get things to stick to the bumpy texture found on 306 parts so if youre keeping it long term a quick sand may be the answer! If its flat maybe stickyback plastic will give a good shiny finish!
Thanks given by:
need todo this too mine. but really cba.it looks good though mate.
nice one
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Let me get this right.... you have made a guide on how to stick down... well.. stickers!? lol
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
FPMSL - Epic guide dude but some nice tips at the end
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:Let me get this right.... you have made a guide on how to stick down... well.. stickers!? lol

Yes! I don't want anyone writing all the easy tutorials!
Thanks given by:
how well did they stick to the visors? did you clean with something before hand
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:how well did they stick to the visors? did you clean with something before hand

Nope just stuck them straight on. They seem to peel a bit individually but once you build up a layer and they overlap each other they stick very well. I guess they are more kind of sticking to each other than to the visor itself lol
Thanks given by:
aaahhhh i see,i might give it a miss.or find some majorly good cleaner to clean it first
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:aaahhhh i see,i might give it a miss.or find some majorly good cleaner to clean it first

well if it went wrong it should be easy to remove them all and clear it back up again! To be fair I was worried about doing it but I like the effect and it was very therapeutic doing it! People always comment on them and they don't say they are bad either... just different! Which is always good!
Thanks given by:
i remember i stickerbombed my center console, spent about 3 hours perfecting it. then i sprayed lacquer on it. Dont think i have ever been so angry
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:i remember i stickerbombed my center console, spent about 3 hours perfecting it. then i sprayed lacquer on it. Dont think i have ever been so angry

yep I remember that story so that is why i put the NB in! haha
Thanks given by:
never lacquered my centre console. pva glue! ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:never lacquered my centre console. pva glue! ThumbsUp

why the hell didnt i think of this

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
the gf told me too doit haha
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:the gf told me too doit haha

More helpful than any girlfriend i have ever had!

My last one threw stones at me while i changed an exhaust...

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
bahahah dont worry the gf did that tome while changing wheels hahahah
Thanks given by:
Good write up, will probably do something of mine at some point, just for the sake of it .... wont like it then rip em all off again.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I used lacquer when I sticker bombed my toolbox, been about a year and s'all good Smile
Thanks given by:
Pugmarshall Wrote:I used lacquer when I sticker bombed my toolbox, been about a year and s'all good Smile

You used decent quality stickers then, LOL, it depends what lacquer you use and what stickers you have.

If you want to lacquer them do a test with a sticker and the lacquer you want to use before you start and see what happens Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
You got a pic of what the other side looks like?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sure...

[Image: IMG_20111005_190749.jpg]

on the passenger one i just went over the edges of the mirror. For the drivers side it has the little cover so i covered that and then kind of cut around so that it closed properly. Its a bit tatty tbf but i could get it apart to do it properly. With a scalpel and some time i reckon you could get it a lot better. Might try it over christmas Smile
Thanks given by:
They look decent! I may do this!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sorry to bump an old thread, but thinking of sticker bombing spoiler and grill on my diablo 5 door. Opinions?
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2012, 07:07 PM)sean-306 Wrote: sorry to bump an old thread, but thinking of sticker bombing spoiler and grill on my diablo 5 door. Opinions?

depends what condition the rest of the car in. I wouldnt bother putting stickers on the outside. They will get UV decoloured and peel. Also its mostly the chavvy cars that do it from what ive seen at local meets. Ive done my sun visors, fuse box cover and light control panel. Subtle but eyecatching
Thanks given by:
Eskiiboi did it to his Moonstone:

[Image: 210358_10150155840740981_707590980_71276...7271_o.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont think its for me anyway. Car is in good nick really! Might do some interior small stuff just to add a bit of colour
Thanks given by: Choppin
Updated with some more pics. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 11:02 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Updated with some more pics. Big Grin

Hello,

Im not sure if this is the correct thread to post this question, but was the most relevant, so hope its ok, I was told you might be able to help me, I'm looking for 1 or 2 306oc stickers for my peug, I took a look in the shop section, but was nothing on there, so I was wondering if you could tell me how I can get some or who's permission I would need to get the logo to someone who can do this for me?

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25947

This is the thread you're after Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: Raiden_Ryo
(29-04-2015, 09:48 PM)Niall Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25947

This is the thread you're after Smile

Nial,

Sorry to be a pain, but due to the fact that I can PM people yet, would you possibly message Eeyore for me and ask him to check the relevant thread on my behalf please?

I noticed he has been online a few times, but maybe hasnt had a chance to reply to me, but Im really interested in finding out if he can make me these stickers or if i can have permision to have them made for me elsewhere?..

Thank you.

Regards
Thanks given by: