306 cooooooo noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 cooooooo noise
Went about taking my cat out last night, turned out someone had gutted it out before me lol so took out the middle box, now my exhaust is like this..

Gutted out cat, no middle box, gutted out backbox.

Now when i change gear.... Coooooooo.. I despise this noise lol The car isnt even loud which is what i wanted ha, i was thinking if i opened up the backbox again and welded a pipe inside instead of it being a hollow box will it get rid of the coo noise and make it a bit louder? Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
you must have a t2 or gt15 turbo in your motor then sadly you cant really get rid of this noise if you have a straight pipe the vag tdis make it proper loud it does get on your nervs after a wile lol thankfully i have the k14 so dont have this problem Smile.

your only option is to fit a silencer somewhere or straight pipe it and fit the cat again i believe this lessins the cooooo noise.
Thanks given by:
Yeah its a t2, think ill just leave it, never heard a 306 coo before lol
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 01:26 PM)Bananalad Wrote: Yeah its a t2, think ill just leave it, never heard a 306 coo before lol

yeah for some reason not to many have the t2 turbo the higher up the rev range you change gear the less you hear it or just change gear really quickly so that the turbo doesnt have a chance to make the noise lol.
Thanks given by:
I've never had a cooo kinda noise. And I have a tube from the turbo to a gutted back box.
Is it a turbo noise or exhaust noise? Just out of interest
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 01:33 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: I've never had a cooo kinda noise. And I have a tube from the turbo to a gutted back box.
Is it a turbo noise or exhaust noise? Just out of interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IndzaWrke...Ag&index=1
think this could be the noise hes talking about possibly.

this is the vag coooo loud as heck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySkvbp1zNQ
Thanks given by:
Yep thats the noise, its just not as loud as the vag coo..
Thanks given by:
Ah sweet mine makes this noise :-) more of a cha cha cha

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jzUFdUc8nY
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 01:49 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Ah sweet mine makes this noise :-) more of a cha cha cha

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jzUFdUc8nY

like the cha cha cha noise unfortunately you dont get it without running big boostConfused
Thanks given by:
That was only running 23ish psi though? Defilter helps I guess
Thanks given by:
It's called turbo chat. My mate had it on his bora. Sounds Fuckin ace. Straight through pipe from the turbo.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 04:28 PM)kingy Wrote: It's called turbo chat. My mate had it on his bora. Sounds Fuckin ace. Straight through pipe from the turbo.

Its not turbo/waste gate chatter, its called compressor stall
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 06:05 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 04:28 PM)kingy Wrote: It's called turbo chat. My mate had it on his bora. Sounds Fuckin ace. Straight through pipe from the turbo.

He didn't say it was waste gate chatter, he said it was turbo chat. Stop being so pedantic.

Anyways.. it happens when the inertia of the rotating assembly is stalled by air pressure, the noise isn't that healthy as 306 turbos seem to blow seals once they start making this noise.

Can happen to any turbo though, not specifically the Garretts.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 08:08 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 06:05 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:

He didn't say it was waste gate chatter, he said it was turbo chat. Stop being so pedantic.

Anyways.. it happens when the inertia of the rotating assembly is stalled by air pressure, the noise isn't that healthy as 306 turbos seem to blow seals once they start making this noise.

Can happen to any turbo though, not specifically the Garretts.
yeah phil, feck with me and you feck with the pellow. TMI
still, sounded the nuts on a bora. was thinking of doing it to my mrs tdi150 when she was asleep but i dont think i could get away with it lol.
tryed many things whilst shes been asleep and non of them have worked.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I love that noise why do you want rid of it? Mines weird mines sshhhhhh choo choo choo like a trian haha and its insane ly loud Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I always thought it was related to vnt's :/ Never seen any other turbos make the noise.
Skip to 10:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scJvZasyv6w
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 12:30 PM)Tom Wrote: I always thought it was related to vnt's :/ Never seen any other turbos make the noise.
Skip to 10:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scJvZasyv6w
isnt just filter chatter?

any VAG shit that makes that sound f*cking annoys me, brghhhhhhhhhhhh COOOOO
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Filter chatter? Did you just make that up? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2013, 04:00 PM)Tom Wrote: Filter chatter? Did you just make that up? lol
Meant like amplifying the sound through the filter
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Its the same sound though, if the camera was at the back that noise would of been coming out there? It was just an example of the noise tbh lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I want mine to go wha cha cha cha cha instead of the coooooooooooooooo lol I heard it make the wha cha cha one day though so i know it can do it lol
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2013, 01:36 PM)jpderv Wrote: this is the vag coooo loud as heck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySkvbp1zNQ

That sounds f*cking awful! Confused

Mine never did that with a decat! lol Which is almost straight through as theres only a cat then backbox on them, none of this mid box shite like HDis. Tongue

Im curious though, how are people making that noise? I assume it doesn't happen when just driving normally or I'd have heard it before somewhere! I've heard the 'flutter' on petrol VAGs but I think thats just wastegate chatter (which cant happen on VNT as theres no wastegate) but I'd never heard that 'coo' lol.
Thanks given by:
Mine does it if your on hard throttle and change gear or w.e as its spooling(2.3k) ish
Thanks given by:
If yous like vag's making that noise, you'd love n.ireland, full of derv golfs, boras, leons, passats all with straight throughs

Though over here its called poooowing not cooooing
Thanks given by:
My 3-0 coooooo'd on the big k14 and it had the center box! its to do with emp hence vnts are better at it, you need lots of fuel, no boost creep and lift the foot at the right time. Mine also made the dump valvey sound on the wee k03 but i think thats bad for the turbo so try drive round it.
Thanks given by:
My wee gt15 did the "chatter" thing.
It was running 30psi + at the time to do that tho.
Thanks given by:
http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299...EO0176.mp4

I miss this noise so much! Sad Side Exit FTW
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mines got this noise aswell but its ever so faint and its just more of a coo not coooooooooo Sad i love it, makes me smile Big Grin
Thanks given by: