Turbos, bit of advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbos, bit of advice
Basically I had a td04 strapped to my engine and it went well minimum lag but was wondering if there is anything bigger I could fit without going vnt

Now no one likes spoon feeding people but compressor maps confuse me

Any help or a pointer in the right direction as to research will be much appreciated

Cheers

Danny
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
What do you want from it? more top end power? You need to research how to get what you want -

more top end?
better flowing things - exhaust, head, intake
Increasing boost/fuel in a typical XUD style (bigger head/better leversets/LDA etc, wastegate managing)

Bigger turbo - more lag, more flow (bigger compressor? bigger turbine?)

There are thousands of suitable turbos, but you need to know how to read maps first ideally...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What Dave says really. You won't need anything larger surely unless your hunting mega power? Anything bigger will either be laggy or very expensive. Remember size isn't everything when it comes to turbos otherwise it generally does.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
There was a thread on here not that long ago with a helpful link on how to read compressor maps, was very useful I thought, have a search around or someone might be able to link you
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
I love how people say all the time "I've looked at the compressor map and it looks like it'll spool quick".... LOLWAT....

All the compressor map does is show how well the compressor performs and how efficient it is at a given pressure ratio, at a given airflow rate...

The "islands" explain the efficiency of the compressor, the lines running through show the shaft speed...

[Image: compressor_map_01.jpg]

This explains pretty well how to read them...

But you need to know the airflow of an engine - that's all down to the engines Volumetric Efficiency... Which is easier said than done...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Well I got 177 Bhp out the td04 just wanted a bit more really, but until I learn to read compressor maps I don't think ill be going much further, was never good at reading graphs at school never mid compressor maps
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LDA Advice for bigger turbos silverzx 10 2,291 02-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31