HDI QuickShift

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI QuickShift
Anyone recommend me a quikshift to get for my hdi? just wanting to make the throw a little shorter...

are they hard to fit?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Not too hard to fit, Look at the GI Group buy in the for sale section. Theres some decent ones there

HERE: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1124</a><!-- l -->
Thanks given by:
all seem to be for the 6 though?
Thanks given by:
They're universal The Griffeths ones fit the larger engines but they dont fit the 1.4/1.6's IIRC
Thanks given by:
whats involved fitting them? ino i might be being stupid but yano Smile
Thanks given by:
These fit under your gearstick gaiter. by altering the distance from the pivot to the top of the gearknob, it shortens the length of the throw.

GE's are good, I've got one on the '6 and not had any problems; tbh I only bought this to make the shift even shorter again lol Short-short-shift ftw!! (also known as "what gear am I in?!")
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
so these dont have to be fitted on the linkages then?
Thanks given by:
I was thinking about combining the 2 ed, does it help or are they seriously too short?
Thanks given by:
Ct: Nope,nothing to do with the linkages, fits under the gear gaiter inside the car.

Jacko: I have NO IDEA lmao Seriously, I was planning on giving it a twirl next time I visit where it's stored, and I'll let you know know as soon as I do. tbh if its too short, you can adjust it, so theres no reason why they can't work well together!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
it seems like a great upgrade for an upgrade Smile
Thanks given by:
ive got the GE quickshift, pugsport linkages and i'm tempted to go for the compbrake one too.. just for that extra short feel.
Thanks given by:
You'll probably struggle to get it in gear... They're a nightmare!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
It must be super short as the throw isn't that bad anyway!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by: