Compbrake-style Quickshifters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compbrake-style Quickshifters
Foxy-jim Wrote:Not really helpful.

Sensible answer, no it won't. You would have to do well to damage the gearbox with any sort of different linkages or shifter!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
He's not really going to pay for these.. its next weeks fuel bill for the 6..
Thanks given by:
Ok thats cool!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. NiallHarper
2. Dum-Dum
3. jonny.b
4. td_dan
5. connor
6. Jacko
7. ginge191
8. Grant
9. springs
10.foxy-jim
11. 4waydiablo
12. Anton
13. Matt.
14. Fozzy (aka Sgt. Soft-cock....I mean soft-top Tongue ) - PAID

Come on guys, I'm really hoping to be able to get this sent out before the weekend Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
sorry to be a pain, but how does this fit?
take it you have to cut the nylon ball off, but then how do you fit the sleaves? because of the 306 gear knob plastic sleave bit at the top. you must have to cut this off also
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:
Foxy-jim Wrote:They wont damage my gearbox will they?

Yes, precisely 506 miles down the road, your gearbox will shatter into 56 seperate pieces sending you veering off on the wrong side of the road crashing into several cars. The flying shards of gearbox will also wipe out all the sheep in the nearby field you are passing at the time.

Ha ha it's a 306 this will happen anyways

Oh and ed can you pm me your bank details and I'll do a bank transfer I don't deal with paytheif, just your acc no and sortcode please, just make sure it's right ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pics of the one I recieved yesterday:

[Image: IMG-20120123-00175.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20120124-00176.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20120124-00177.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20120124-00178.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20120124-00179.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shiny!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
and for us mongs that dont have a clue.. how exatly does this work? do we have to do any fabricating or anything?
also
ill send some funds over, should be tomorrow alright?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ed i cant pay till Thursday when some money clears into my account but I wont be here Thursday so itll be Friday before you get money from me.

Also why not make the order a nice round 15 or 20 if hell do more of a discount for 20 then sell the rest to late commers (or flog them at FCS)

Also how much to post one along to mine. Will you take a gift of £30 all in posted to mine.
Thanks given by:
I thought it was £27.50 posted!!
Thanks given by:
Do we need to cut stuff to fit it?
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Do we need to cut stuff to fit it?

Yeah. You need a 3ft hole in the back bumper.

Serious answer now....I think you need to cut the plastic ball off the old stick but no bodywork or anything too difficult!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ok thats cool. If someone could help me at FCS, I will buy them a pint!
Thanks given by:
right in answer to a few of the above questions;

Dum paypal me the same as everyone else and we'll sort out getting it delivered out to you wen I get the group order delivered to me.

Jonny, no the price is for a bulk order delivered to my address; as I said in the 1st post, I will keep hold of them and distribute at meets etc, or at FCS if people are patient.

I cant see it being more than a few quid more to get delivered out individually, but rather than mess the seller about now, I'd rather sort once it's delivered, so those who desparately want theirs to be sent to them, please pm me your addresses and I'll confirm postage.

Take a peek at this link from the '6 forum as regards installation;

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread....079&page=2

It 'looks' more involved than I think it actually is tbh, but I do think it's worth either bunging some threadlock/superglue or Chemical metal round the bottom 'fitting' to avoid slippage. The way I look at it is; you're getting a better shift whilst keeping it almost totally oem, and if you fit it properly, it'll outlast the car!
Thanks given by:
Ah right hairy muff ed 1st post seems so far away ha ha

Dum Dum let me check my funds and I might be Able to pay for yours tomorow with mine, will be instant
Thanks given by:
I can pay tomorrow. Forgot earlier, sorry.
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Ah right hairy muff ed 1st post seems so far away ha ha

Dum Dum let me check my funds and I might be Able to pay for yours tomorow with mine, will be instant

lol I know mate, it's all these people posting rubbish about getting blind drunk at FCS.... :roll:

lolz Tongue

I can sort sending them out once I get the bulk order, its just so much simpler and keeps costs down by combining into one delivery to get them to mine. Specially if people aren't desparate and can wait till fcs...

@ Jim - no worries buddy Smile don't forget to update the list when you're paid up Smile
Thanks given by:
I wont be fitting them at FCS, I will be drunk and im not burrying my jack and axle stands in a field just for lolz.

Looks like a 10 min job apart from getting the ball height in the right place
Thanks given by:
Maybe I won't do it at FCS then. Who's local to me?
Thanks given by:
Paid
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd be interested in the top mounts.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^ Probably for the best if these don't get attempted in a field just before probably the best car show all year. We may look pretty shit as a club if half of us turn up duct taped into 1st lmao

Be an easy job with some axle stands and araldite; s'what I'll be doing for sure

Thanks Connor

Poodle, I'll investigate these too; I'm also very interested... Smile
Thanks given by:
I dont like the compbrake top mounts they are incredibly flawed as they really arent that adjustible, you only get about 20 positions. The Baker BM ones that they have in production are far more adjustable (and easier to adjust) and have better bearings and carriers.

Anyway Ed im just about to pay mate.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:I dont like the compbrake top mounts they are incredibly flawed as they really arent that adjustible, you only get about 20 positions. The Baker BM ones that they have in production are far more adjustable (and easier to adjust) and have better bearings and carriers.

Anyway Ed im just about to pay mate.

And are about £250
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I R Now Paid
Thanks given by:
^^ Cheers Dum

The Baker BM ones are pretty sexual, but you pay double the price for them over Compbrake ones. And bearing in mind Lemforded stock top-mounts are £56 each, and spoox/compbrake ones are £115 a set, unless you're completely uninterested in cornering, you'd be silly not to go for the more adjustable ones.

And they do offer enough caster to make a marked difference in the handling. so pound for pound they're a brilliant mod imo...

Anyway, enough off-topic, If you're interested in the top-mounts, start a new thread, get some interest up and I'll speak to the bloke about a deal for these too!

List of Who's paid - 25/01/2012

1. NiallHarper
2. Dum-Dum - PAID 25/1/12
3. jonny.b
4. td_dan
5. connor
6. Jacko
7. ginge191
8. Grant
9. springs
10.foxy-jim
11. 4waydiablo
12. Anton
13. Matt.
14. Fozzy (aka Sgt. Soft-cock....I mean soft-top Tongue ) - PAID 24/1/12

Connor theres nothing registered on my paypal from you? can you just double-check the email address???
Thanks given by:
Its gotta be right cos once it had gone it said payment sent to Ed Doe
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Its gotta be right cos once it had gone it said payment sent to Ed Doe

No that's what I mean Dum; I've got yours, and Connor clearly sent his earlier than you, so I dunno why I've not recieved it yet..?
Thanks given by:
Ed its definately done from my end and the address has to be right as i copied and pasted it out of your post so unless youve got it wrong its right.

Back off topic and onto the subject of topmounts

Leadformer ones are more expensive than genuine peugeot ones and the bearings in the compbrake ones are supposedly shit, I know that very few bearings are gonna be good in that situation as theyer being subjected to loads from angles theyer not supposed to take it from but aparently if they last a year youll be very lucky especially if you track your car.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 x bosch pumps, Compbrake top mounts, Iphone 5c 16gb blue Pompey306mark 1 1,071 14-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  vdo 'style' gauges 7057sam 5 1,963 09-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
  compbrake quick shift kernow_joe 3 1,298 16-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Piggy