Home brew exhaust!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home brew exhaust!
Hi all, I've been looking into making up a 2.5 inch mild steel exhaust system from JCC which will cost around £50 for turbo to back box.

The plan would be to join it onto my new turbo downpipe which currently has a 2.5-2 inch reducer but that will be cut down. So am I right in thinking I will need a 45deg bend to clear the bulk head, 1m straight pipe then another 45 deg bend to go towards the bumper cut out? Then get some sort of back box fitted on (or maybe no box ninja )
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Try Unipart for the tubing, It'll be cheaper.

Title was too long. weird.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
pfft make a side exit thaats sitting just behind your front wheels now thats manly!!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
It was copied from a thread on another site. Edited now.

These pipe have sleeves so they just need clamping, for £50 it's worth a punt right?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 08:20 PM)the milkman Wrote: pfft make a side exit thaats sitting just behind your front wheels now thats manly!!

It's not a bad plan; onnly issue would be the legal requirement for the exhaust to be 'behind' the cabin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
That's not happening.
Has anyone attempted a home brew like this before on here?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I will be and mine is made up of so many different bits it may as well be. Not difficult really, would be easier with a 4 post lift.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 08:40 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 08:20 PM)the milkman Wrote: pfft make a side exit thaats sitting just behind your front wheels now thats manly!!

It's not a bad plan; onnly issue would be the legal requirement for the exhaust to be 'behind' the cabin

who needs legal when you have a built in smoke screen?
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Mines made out of various pieces of exhaust from a truck garage spares bin.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
My Polo is unbelievably loud and that is only a cat back PowerFlow unit that has had the middle box removed so unless you have shares in DnyaMat material or like bleeding ear drums beware on how loud it may be Tongue
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well my car's currently running a 2" straight through to a tiny back box. Before it was a complete s/through which wasn't even that loud TBH.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Made a 3" setup like this on a mates 406 2.2hdi estate. Unbelievably loud with 1 straight through silencer but you get that lovely whistle as the turbo spools up...
Thanks given by:
If you're not bothered about how it looks nip to the scrap yard and get a couple of 406 mid pipes, theres no boxes, its all 2.25" and theres a couple of decent bends in it.
Thats how I did the sedan zorst
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home brew Tyronnster 27 5,803 28-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Drunken neighbours and parents on home brew... cully 14 3,674 19-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Niall