Manual boost controller

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual boost controller
Just fitted a manual boost controller went around the block and its boosting to 18 psi :/ it's a spring and ball one I got the link off a thread on the forums the spring is not compressed at all but the boost controller dose have a little hole in the back of it dose that matter?

Btw my car has a fmic but has not been remapped yet.
Thanks given by:
Well what was it boosting before?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
14psi.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Maybe it's got a stiff spring which requires 18psi min to compress. Perhaps get a softer spring or get it mapped! Big Grin
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Stage 2 remapp at the weekend just don't wont to cause the engine to go bang or damage do you think it will be ok or not?
Thanks given by:
be fine. dont go over 25psi!
Thanks given by:
But it's standard 90 bhp lol
Thanks given by:
A stage 2 remap with no other changes will hit around 18-19psi due to exhaust energy, so just be sure when the remap goes on to be gentle and check the boost doesn't fly up!

Assuming you have FMIC on now then the boost itself won't be bad, but it must be leaking a fair old bit off from the boost controller to hit 18psi on 90bhp mapping.

Boost controller has a hole in it to leak air. Are you sure you have it wound the right way (ie, totally closed, not totally open?)

Cheers

Dave
Thanks given by:
The spring and ball are not compressed so shouldn't it be running 14psi like it was before I fitted it?

I know it has a slightly longer distance to travel but would that matter?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost controller GFB G-FORCE II loli_04 6 2,423 18-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: loli_04
  electronic boost controller ??? Donkeybubles 5 1,580 16-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  manual boost controller and egr blank plate fitting, please help dirtyboost89 6 1,913 02-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Last Post: dirtyboost89