Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel gauge
How far past empty dare you go
Thanks given by:
Until goes round and reads full tank. Then repeat the cycle :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I dont. Once the fuel light comes on, and stays on, thats when i fill up.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tried that ran out on the a1
Thanks given by:
Lol...fail!

Most I've ever pushed mine is 60 miles after the first red light flash....turned out there was still loses left though, I just don't have the balls to chance it!
Thanks given by:
I wait for a solid light, then I fill it.

Used to fill at half a tank but now I'm on veg I do it as tankfuls so I can get the mixture right.
Thanks given by:
Get to the bottom and you end up sucking up the crap through your fuel lines!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
when my light comes on i fill up but it normally takes 52 liters to brim it and its a 60 liter tank so surely that means there is 8 liters left in the tank? or am i wrong?

Thanks given by:
yeah im sure thats about right 6 - 8L once red light on

6L is 1.32Gal and 8L is 1.76Gal.

Based on 45mpg is 59.4 miles - 79.2 miles on the red light
Thanks given by:
But unless you're on the flat you'll run out of useable fuel way before that lol...
Thanks given by:
Drive about an hour on the red light before giving up and going to a petrol statio, the needle was off the gauge
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 12:04 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Get to the bottom and you end up sucking up the crap through your fuel lines!

Here we go again.....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i have to fill up on quarter of a tank Sad
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 04:58 PM)Niall Wrote:
(07-02-2013, 12:04 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Get to the bottom and you end up sucking up the crap through your fuel lines!

Here we go again.....

This. Somebody please show me a 306 fuel tank off a normal road car thats full of crap.

Anyway ive had the needle off the bottom of the gauge before. Im gonna see if I can do 10 miles in the 406 when it gets to 0 miles to empty
Thanks given by:
If the previous xud owner was a turd using a concoction of waste veg/engine oil.. Poorly filtered, the tank will have a nice slimy layer of fats and carbon sludge fall out that WILL pickup if you run it near dry. But if not, slowly all the shit will clear up as it mixes in with diesel, leaving a cleaner tank.

Otherwise, on a normal derv or perv the tank should be clean.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
^^^ Yeah but as i said "Normal" tank
Thanks given by:
When it gets somewhere under a 1/4 and I'm not in a rush, I tend to fill up.

Failing that, a solid red light should tell you it's time to put some go juice in it Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I love to play red light roulette Big Grin

A few weeks back, got a smidge over 60ltrs in lol
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2013, 08:46 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: I love to play red light roulette Big Grin

A few weeks back, got a smidge over 60ltrs in lol

I play that with the missis usually the ears give up before the fuel
Thanks given by:
Had mine to the bottom of the red yesterday. Rule of thumb I find, is 50 miles after the light comes on, in normal driving conditions (i.e. not hooning)

Mind you, who knows how much shit it will pick up from the bottom of the tank, where the pump is located anyway whistle
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
This whole dirty fuel thing just doesnt make sence, every bump of corner wiuld mix it all up so it wouldnt matter how much fuel there is you would still be sucking it up.

Have heard stories of there being a layer of water at the bottom of the tank though.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 07:27 AM)Grant Wrote: Had mine to the bottom of the red yesterday. Rule of thumb I find, is 50 miles after the light comes on, in normal driving conditions (i.e. not hooning)

Mind you, who knows how much shit it will pick up from the bottom of the tank, where the pump is located anyway whistle

1%.....

I might as well set this as my sig!

A fuel pump CAN NOT pick up shit out of the bottom of the tank. Where the hell do you think it picks up its fuel from anyway? If it was from the top of the tank, it would only run if you had a full tank! Also, a 306 tank is not baffled so the fuel is constantly mixing. If the rumours were true and the shit did sit at the bottom of the tank, what would be the need for a fuel filter!?! It's simple physics!
When I took the tank off my 1.8, it was clean as a whistle. The fuel filter however was horrid!

Rant/
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 11:24 AM)Niall Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 07:27 AM)Grant Wrote: Had mine to the bottom of the red yesterday. Rule of thumb I find, is 50 miles after the light comes on, in normal driving conditions (i.e. not hooning)

1%.....

I might as well set this as my sig!

A fuel pump CAN NOT pick up shit out of the bottom of the tank. Where the hell do you think it picks up its fuel from anyway? If it was from the top of the tank, it would only run if you had a full tank! Also, a 306 tank is not baffled so the fuel is constantly mixing. If the rumours were true and the shit did sit at the bottom of the tank, what would be the need for a fuel filter!?! It's simple physics!
When I took the tank off my 1.8, it was clean as a whistle. The fuel filter however was horrid!

Rant/

I know this, i spent ages smashing my face into the desk when people say this. Most people assume a car runs with a float pump in the tank...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Be warned, the Diesels still get sludge in their fuel which will block the strainer...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
or the fuel tank isnt susceptible to gravity and just floats around as it pleases in the hope it will float into the pump?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol..
Thanks given by:
The old Bluebirds wouldnt drop below 1/4 lol Caught me out afew times, and to add to that the tank was full of rust from the corroded filler neck..used to play havoc with the carb.

Never push the vans to far into the red, Heard Berlingo's/Partners have a rubbish reserve anyway.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
i left my estate running with the light on for a good week. it lasted for 2 days with the needle off the end of the gauge then finally ran out after goping up a small hill.

from the light coming on to running out i got about 105 miles
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dodgy fuel gauge. Danny Wideboy 12 2,533 07-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Martin306