Turbo manifold bolt conversion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo manifold bolt conversion?
I'm looking at changing the turbo manifold studs for bolts, however when i phoned up peugeot using my 306's reg number there systems only seem to list the studs, any ideas what car i could use as a basis or a part number? cheers
Thanks given by:
I remember reading about this being a bad idea, in that it stresses the head too much and generally will strip the threads from the head as you can't get the same amount of torque on a bolt as you can a stud. Or something like that anyway
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Studs are better, you can tighten the manifold down more! So I would leave them s studs
Thanks given by:
Id leave as studs tbh, I used bolts for a while as i got lazy taking it on / off to often, but problem with using bolts is your turning loaded bolts into ally head, which shortens life of the threads big time! at least with studs allthe turning in is under no load, so then you can load it up with a decent nut...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 07:17 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Id leave as studs tbh, I used bolts for a while as i got lazy taking it on / off to often, but problem with using bolts is your turning loaded bolts into ally head, which shortens life of the threads big time! at least with studs allthe turning in is under no load, so then you can load it up with a decent nut...

Yep ^^ This...

Stripped one too many threads in heads using bolts being lazy!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 07:36 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 07:17 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Id leave as studs tbh, I used bolts for a while as i got lazy taking it on / off to often, but problem with using bolts is your turning loaded bolts into ally head, which shortens life of the threads big time! at least with studs allthe turning in is under no load, so then you can load it up with a decent nut...

Yep ^^ This...

Stripped one too many threads in heads using bolts being lazy!

Still do it tho, just means new head every couple turbos, worth the effort haha.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Or helicoil when you strip the threads lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mine's held on with a combination of both due to certain clearance issues... but stayed with studs where possible, for all the above reasons Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Cheers for the advise, I'll stick to studs Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will a T2 turbo fit on a K14 manifold? Dum-Dum 3 3,351 18-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  D turbo conversion advice wanted adampug 10 3,408 28-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Last Post: adampug
  facelift berlingo d turbo conversion Jamieh2013 3 1,668 20-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Last Post: xudlingo