2.2HDi coupe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2HDi coupe
I have several friends with that engine, one is mechanical and does remaps, the standard engine makes about 170hp. Is limited by the turbo, map sensor, just read 1.4xx bar if more, goes into protection, and high pressure pump is limited to a 1400bar + -, then injectors. Also hobbled by failures in the vacuum line and solenoid, and the light turns yellow chek engine. Then as you are also canceling the FAP, with a suppressor and fap override the heater.
[Image: imgp1184u.jpg]
Then and two solenoid override.
[Image: imgp1182s.jpg]
[Image: imgp1183.jpg]
Another thing we try to do, and I tried, is mounting the 6-speed gearbox of the 20MB04 c5 2.2 hdi 136 of the first. Much better with that box, the 5 speed is a bit shorter than the standard, but I do remember 6v 2000-2100 rpm at 120kmh. Very comfortable for highway and with the pair having the engine, well liked.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2013, 12:17 AM)akuma406 Wrote: I have several friends with that engine, one is mechanical and does remaps, the standard engine makes about 170hp. Is limited by the turbo, map sensor, just read 1.4xx bar if more, goes into protection, and high pressure pump is limited to a 1400bar + -, then injectors. Also hobbled by failures in the vacuum line and solenoid, and the light turns yellow chek engine. Then as you are also canceling the FAP, with a suppressor and fap override the heater.

Another thing we try to do, and I tried, is mounting the 6-speed gearbox of the 20MB04 c5 2.2 hdi 136 of the first. Much better with that box, the 5 speed is a bit shorter than the standard, but I do remember 6v 2000-2100 rpm at 120kmh. Very comfortable for highway and with the pair having the engine, well liked.

My mapper has had up to 190bhp out of the standard engine thanks. The limiting factor of the engine is the turbo at that sort of power.

I've fixed my vacuum problems slightly differently to how you show but its sorted. IMO the fuel pump will flow close to 1800bar although that is above its safe limits it just requires changing of the rail pressure sensor. Hope I can get a set of refurbished injectors at some point.

Id love to get an ML6 gearbox on, i need to dig out my old research on which has the longest ratios as it isnt the C5. i think i could probably drop the motorway cruising RPM a little bit.
Thanks given by:
407 hdi has an ml6 box.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dum, exactly, you're right, the 170 hp left, is in a safe area, the sensor is also behind the common rail, and to modify or change the pump to climb high injection pressure. The only downside I saw when testing your car, was the protection that limits the power in 1st and 2nd speed, I told him to remove that shit lol. That brings turbo engine? gt15v?
They watched as more boxes? They just fian the old c5 development because it has the same output and car tires the same size, the 407, for example, has the highest wheel, and various development in a 406. Am I wrong?
The HDI problea are vasura solenoid so much, best to clean up what is not essential, is not it? The simpler less problems.
Thanks given by:
I forget exactly which had the longest ratios but i sat down one night and looked through service box and worked out which it was. It took hours of working out ratios but i got there in the end.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,885 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  bit of work on my 406 v6 coupe swampy 6 2,232 20-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Last Post: kingy
  Scotts 406 V6 Coupe Scott 29 7,012 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Foxy-jim