Which Engine (kinda new car thread but not :P )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Engine (kinda new car thread but not :P )
Not wanting to start an argument here, just throwing my 6 pence worth in.

It sounds like your trying to convince yourself more than anyone else Tom.

It would be cheaper to take the money for getting the new car, fixing the HDI and still have change left in your pocket.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
50+ mpg
125 tax
<500 insurance

If it died tomorrow id make more than my money back through breaking it.

Say you bought a mondeo/vectra how much is that gonna be worth in 5 years?
The 306s are pretty much as cheap as they are gonna get now dt's are still fetchin up to a grand so if mine is still running in 5 years id still get pretty much what I paid for it.

All the things you listed wrong with your car are wear and tear parts, dont you think a 5 year old car will want those too?
I think you're in for a shock if you waste your nans money on a shit vauxhall for the sake of 5mpg!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 10:50 PM)Grant Wrote: Not wanting to start an argument here, just throwing my 6 pence worth in.

It sounds like your trying to convince yourself more than anyone else Tom.

It would be cheaper to take the money for getting the new car, fixing the HDI and still have change left in your pocket.

Don't have to convimce myself tbh, just don't see why people are so against the idea.

And thats not an option, if I take the money it has to be used for a 'new' car, not another 'shit old peugeot' in her words lol. Plus as I keep saying, why spend lots of money fixing it? See below...

(08-02-2013, 11:22 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: If it died tomorrow id make more than my money back through breaking it.

Exactly.........hence me breaking mine! You wouldn't spend hundreds of pounds fixing it because its simply not worth it!!

And I couldn't give a shit about what happens in 5 years time, cross that bridge when I come to it.
Thanks given by:
Tom if you break, how much for your clones?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
tom how much would you sell me the car for as it is? Im tempted to buy it just to prove how easy it is to fix
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Its not going as it is currently. You can have it for £550 standard, as thats roughly what I'll get breaking it.

Not sure whether or not I'm keeping the 'clones atm Dec.
Thanks given by:
Well let me know buddy xx
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotted! Well kinda... Danny Wideboy 3 747 01-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  Not a spotted but kinda is Matt 8 1,483 20-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  FAO Puglove.....(and kinda everyone else too ) 4WayDiablo 7 2,363 15-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Last Post: puglove