Fuel piping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel piping
I've just realised the fuel piping on my engine doesn't make sense.

The fuel comes to the filter, then to the high pressure pump, it looks like the return from the pump goes to the heat exchanger on the thermostat housing and then to the tank.

[Image: SL7418711280x768_zpsba5ddae1.jpg]

I've noticed on other cars it's not like this, has anyone else got this arrangement?

Should it not go to the heat exchanger first, then to the filter, HP and then return to the tank?
Thanks given by:
Spot the difference

[Image: edy5enyv.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 09:22 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Spot the difference

[Image: edy5enyv.jpg]

Ill spot that that's my engine Wink
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, it sure is and it was you that made me realise that mine was plumbed differently.
Thanks given by:
It's called the fuel resonator or something like that; it's to stop the buzzing noise the fuel lines make when pressurised by the lift pump.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have one but I relocated mine nearer the filter housing but notice the return pipes with the green tee piece and green connector. In the second pic the return from the filter and the pump go back to the tank but on mine the first pic the return pipes go to what looks like the heat exchanger and then back to the tank, isn't that strange?
Thanks given by:
Thats the fuel cooler, introduced later in production I think. Means the lp pump doesnt have to work harder to compress fuel warmed up by that returning from the hp circuit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hdi fuel piping/sensor query... allanallen 1 888 27-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Poodle