Valve/lifter problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valve/lifter problems.
Worth a compression test d'ya think? Or just get on with swapping the head over?

Worth also mentioning that you can properly feel it spit back out the inlet too.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
No point comp testing that, dosnt take a genius to here its not got any Tongue

Im sure uve got an oil pressure problem?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 11:42 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: No point comp testing that, dosnt take a genius to here its not got any Tongue

Im sure uve got an oil pressure problem?

I meant when It's been idling ok..

And there is oil getting to the head, I'm reasonably sure it's not oil related. Also no scoring or signs of oil starvation when it was in bits. I was shocked at the lack of bearing shells for the crank though.

Thanks given by:
Lol def no comp there, sounds like there's none on any cylinder!
Thanks given by:
If there was an oil pressure problem, surely the oil light would be on though?
Thanks given by:
Oil pressure in the block yes, oil pressure in the head no ^^

Im just struggling to see why else your sticking all the valves, unless the head has warped something silly and literally pinching valves as it warps under cylinder pressure with throttle, but ive never seen anything like that happen...always a first tho heh...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
im with ruan on this one! listen to tha starter motor its turning to easy

do a compression test
Thanks given by:
What is a compression test going to tell u?

You can obviously here the valves or something are sticking, and its got no compression then they close up, builds compression and starts...

If you can feel air puffing out the inlet, then its gotta be at LEAST the inlet valves sticking if not more...so key question is why...which I think at this point is going to be very tricky to figure without totally stripping it down....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Unless lifter/etc isn't compressing it.. And it's staying open while turning over but when one cyl fires it'll ram it home? Apart from that, god knows, u said u got oil?
Thanks given by:
It could still be the lifters collapsing, only thing that makes me say its not is that he can feel it puffing out the intake..

Because valves staying closed (as they do with flat lifters) has same effect as valves jammed open almost, as it cant suck any air in, so just drags a vacume / closes again, so little compression / sounds like it has no compressor...You need to do what you did in that second video, with access inside the rocker cover, then ull easily see if the lifters are dying as the rockers will stop moving almost totally...did you manage to cut up that old rocker cover?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeah I did cut up the old rocker, started her up but I couldn't rev it high enough to cause it to miss without getting oil everywhere, I was trying to cover it over with a plastic sheet and at about 1300 rpm still got oil on my face, on the windscreen, on the bonnet etc...

I'm kinda in limbo now, waiting for my head back from the engine shop, then I'll clean out all the oil ways and also stick some pipe cleaners into the block as well as I can, then put it all together again.

Thanks given by:
Did you ever solve this? What was it!?
Thanks given by: