New member from Scotland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member from Scotland
Thumbs Down 
Hi guys, just joined the forum got a question if someone could help me out?

I just recently tried to replace a wheel on my Pugeot 306 hdi glx and the internal wheel nuts (x2) snapped inside the hub. Tried to get them out but its not happening.

So I got a second hand hub to replace it with but I'm having trouble getting the ball joint to fit into the hub I don't know if I should try and spread it open as I fear of breaking the hub. If someone could help me out here id appreciate it

Thanks
Thanks given by:
There are 2 size to them ball joints to fit the hub, having a hdi u will have the bigger one of the 2
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2013, 05:55 PM)puggyhdi Wrote: There are 2 size to them ball joints to fit the hub, having a hdi u will have the bigger one of the 2

By any chance is 1 16 mm and the bigger one is 18 mm ?
Thanks given by:
Yes mate I think the Gti6 also have 18mm so u have more of a choice at the scrappy lol
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2013, 05:59 PM)puggyhdi Wrote: Yes mate I think the Gti6 also have 18mm so u have more of a choice at the scrappy lol

Cool. I took a trip to Scb in new bridge, found a HDI but the bloody brake calliper was seized on! Not happy!
Thanks given by:
Could probs get away with giving it a good clean up around the seal of the piston to free it up abit.
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2013, 06:07 PM)puggyhdi Wrote: Could probs get away with giving it a good clean up around the seal of the piston to free it up abit.

Yeah I might take a trip back up again and go for round 2! Doing my head in! Think it would be easier/cheaper to replace the bearing assembly in the old hub ?
Thanks given by:
I have snapped a cyclone bolt in mine before now.
Get hold of some HSS drill bits and on slow speed and plenty of WD40 drill it out.

Once drilled out re-tap the thread.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, as rich said, drill the fucker out
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome.

Didnt quite get what you were on about. Have you snapped the bolts that hold the disc on or a wheel bolt?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 09:31 AM)Rich306 Wrote: I have snapped a cyclone bolt in mine before now.
Get hold of some HSS drill bits and on slow speed and plenty of WD40 drill it out.

Once drilled out re-tap the thread.

I did attempt to drill them out but I didn't get anywhere just went right through them they're not for coming out Sad

(17-02-2013, 09:51 AM)puglove Wrote: Welcome.

Didnt quite get what you were on about. Have you snapped the bolts that hold the disc on or a wheel bolt?

Thanks mate, it's two wheel nuts! Two came off the other two snapped inside the disc bolts came out fine

(17-02-2013, 09:48 AM)Matt Wrote: Welcome along, as rich said, drill the fucker out

Thanks mate, tried to drill the Fucker's out but im left with holes all the way through.. haha
Thanks given by:
Where in scotland are you from? im just outside inverness
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 03:09 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Where in scotland are you from? im just outside inverness

Bathgate? Not too far from Edinburgh!
Thanks given by:
Il be working in innerleithen for the next few weeks
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 02:07 PM)Daniel-mcgowan Wrote: I did attempt to drill them out but I didn't get anywhere just went right through them they're not for coming out Sad

If you have used the largest drill bit possible bud then they should come out, you can either re-tap a thread in or... tried and bend the remains of the bolt out by using a small chisel and hammer
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, red Rallye from Scotland OMEGAxCC 12 2,857 26-04-2018, 10:10 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot
Thumbs Up Newbie Peugeot Owner in Scotland KAIN306 9 2,766 20-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: reese
  hi from scotland adamskie89 7 2,033 13-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Saxblower59