Crystal Black Masking Service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Black Masking Service
Hi all

I am considering doing a Black masking service for those of you who want their Ph3 Crystal headlights customised.

I've ran some prices through my head and have come up with something i feel is reasonable considering how long it takes to get the headlights done, and the supplies needed to make it possible.

Here are some photos of my own Valeo Headlights from start to finish:

[Image: IMG_0953_zpseceb3f58.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0954_zps8bfc201a.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0955_zps2d1c0b7c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0956_zpse7f37c63.jpg]

Now i have a busy life like most of you on here, so i expect the turnaround to be around 2 weeks from receiving a set of headlights (that's from receiving to posting).
It may be quicker, but if there are any delays i will advise via Email/Phone.

I can do them in a wide variety of colours if you are interested, but depending on paint cost - the price of my service will increase too to reflect the cost of extra paint.
Unless you wish to include a can of your chosen colour....

During the process, i will keep you updated, and once painted can send a photo via email to confirm completion before they are posted. That way it covers my back if you have any complaints regarding the headlights.

Do not send them with the bulbs!!!!

Standard Black masking price will be £40 + Postage costs to and fro.

PM me for more details!

I won't be able to go and buy you Crystal headlights, this is purely a service option as i do not have the means at present to go searching for headlights.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Does that £40 include a cut for me for my assistance (I was happy to help you for free)?! Tongue

lol
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
And me for my guide?
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Valeo ones are a bitch to get apart won't bother doing another set to much grief. Worth paying someone else for the hassle IMO lol.
Thanks given by:
Give over, thats a myth. Can have a set open in 2 minutes whrn theyve been in the oven
Thanks given by:
Was gonna say oven or heatgun, i've split all sorts of different lights never had an issue :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hi dude.

Got a proposal for you.

For various reasons, my Mrs doesn't want me to put the spare headlights I've bought in our oven. Totally unreasonable.

I want black masks, but I want to do something different for the paint.

Would you be willing for me to post the lights to you, seperate the lenses, then just return them so I can paint and reseal them?

Obviously thereafter I can sell you my spare crystals too so you could mask and sell on for profit?

Let me know...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha myth.... Go try it yourself have to heat them till the plastic practically melts with valeos. Depo ones fall apart with heat near enough
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 11:04 PM)Ash J Wrote: Does that £40 include a cut for me for my assistance (I was happy to help you for free)?! Tongue

lol
I'll remind you next time i work on your car yeah? Wink Tongue

(04-02-2013, 11:08 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: And me for my guide?
Where is such guide you suggest? I need no guides, i learn without manuals these days :p
(06-02-2013, 11:22 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Hi dude.

Got a proposal for you.

For various reasons, my Mrs doesn't want me to put the spare headlights I've bought in our oven. Totally unreasonable.

I want black masks, but I want to do something different for the paint.

Would you be willing for me to post the lights to you, seperate the lenses, then just return them so I can paint and reseal them?

Obviously thereafter I can sell you my spare crystals too so you could mask and sell on for profit?

Let me know...

I'll do such thing, but you'd understand if i charge for such service seeing as i will be using my 'gas' time and effort to get the things apart. Smile

Just to recap on what has been said about how easy it is to get them apart. They may be easy for some people, but to save you the risk of damaging the headlights beyond repair, it may be an idea to get someone who knows what they're doing to sort it instead.

If you have any comments to make about how easy it is, please feel free to discuss on another thread and respect that i am trying to provide a service here.
Only post if you wish to have some work done please!

Smile Thank you!
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 08:22 PM)ArmzSC6 Wrote: Haha myth.... Go try it yourself have to heat them till the plastic practically melts with valeos. Depo ones fall apart with heat near enough

Mate my valeo guide is in the guides section!
Piece of piss, man up!
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 10:03 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 08:22 PM)ArmzSC6 Wrote: Haha myth.... Go try it yourself have to heat them till the plastic practically melts with valeos. Depo ones fall apart with heat near enough

Mate my valeo guide is in the guides section!
Piece of piss, man up!

Couldn't agree more oil-burner........it's an absolute doddle Wink
Thanks given by:
How many sets you done now gareth?
Thanks given by:
Just finished set number 12 last night Wink
Thanks given by:
Can you do them in a different colour if I send you the paint aswell?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 05:22 PM)David Wrote: Can you do them in a different colour if I send you the paint aswell?

Says so in the OP.
Thanks given by:
Only just read it sorry
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
lol, just PM me if you're interested buddy Smile
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
*Bump* Still have the ability to do this if required
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Reason why my previous post was deleted admin ?
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 02:55 PM)Puggie Wrote: Reason why my previous post was deleted admin ?

YHPM Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2013, 02:55 PM)Puggie Wrote: Reason why my previous post was deleted admin ?

Is it related to my PM i received?
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_1206_zps00ed5485.jpg]

One set recently done, posting out tomorrow!
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Bump, i have had plenty of interest in these.

I can now change any sets that have had the clips broken - into another backing that have the clips intact - PH2 and PH3 lights, provide me with the donor Ph2 headlights though please.

I have had a question about whether i can supply a set of ph2 lights to accommodate your needs whilst i'm working on the ph3's:

I'm afraid that no i cannot, however i can try and bring the turnaround down to less than a week now i am driving.
If i have a spare weekend i will be able to get them done in that time - Provided they were dropped off and picked up.

I will try and get a pair of headlights (provided everything went well in the process :p) black masked as soon as i can.

Please note that postage prices have increased, you are looking at £16.20 Recorded first class postage back to you.

P.s. I have been searching scrapyards for headlights to black mask and sell, anytime i do get a set become available to me i will put them into the For sale section.
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Do you go to Ace at all? Considering getting mine done so cold pass them on to you then.

BTW, ParcelMonkey do a courier for ~£10, it's how I sent a set of lights a few months ago.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 09:46 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Do you go to Ace at all? Considering getting mine done so cold pass them on to you then.

BTW, ParcelMonkey do a courier for ~£10, it's how I sent a set of lights a few months ago.

It's ok to have things couriered when you have a place that is manned by someone ready to pass them on, unless they have a specific time to pick things up?

I'm trying to find funds to travel up to Ace this month, if so then yes we can do the handover then. Smile (pay extra and i'll definitely come up Tongue )
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 02:08 PM)Rich306 Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 09:46 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Do you go to Ace at all? Considering getting mine done so cold pass them on to you then.

It's ok to have things couriered when you have a place that is manned by someone ready to pass them on, unless they have a specific time to pick things up?

I'm trying to find funds to travel up to Ace this month, if so then yes we can do the handover then. Smile

Lots of Portsmouth guys travel up I'm sure you could bum a lift, failing that I can grab you as I've gotta head up the a27 to get on the a3 anyway.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 02:10 PM)vlj Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 02:08 PM)Rich306 Wrote:

I'm trying to find funds to travel up to Ace this month, if so then yes we can do the handover then. Smile

Lots of Portsmouth guys travel up I'm sure you could bum a lift, failing that I can grab you as I've gotta head up the a27 to get on the a3 anyway.

I'm sure i can arrange something to go to Ace. Anyone else want to hand over a set of Crystals for black masking?
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Won't be this month, got other things to sort but once I have some spare cash I'll get it done so probably next month.
Thanks given by:
Roger that, i'll probably hang fire then, theres not much point me going this month if i haven't really got the funds to anyway lol
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
Got mine fitted today, looks so much better than before...

[Image: CD3A9DB7-0530-4F16-A1EE-7BB5BF53CDBA-884...702083.jpg]

[Image: A067BFC3-9109-4402-AA77-EEFEDEF3047F-884...24714e.jpg]
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headlight masking service cwspellowe 22 3,506 13-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Jukie88
  Valeo Black mask's Conversion service gnrlee 9 2,498 31-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: gnrlee