bit confused . compensator adjustment on bosch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bit confused . compensator adjustment on bosch
As my understanding went winding out the compensator anti clockwise was adding more fuel off boost.and slightly more on boost. But reading through the lda mod guide it's saying that it's reducing fuel off boost and more on can someone just clarify whichis correct for me

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Wind the top bolt out, winding it in will reduce the pin travel. Best way to control off boost smoke and general driving response is with the LDA pin and preload on the little spring.

And what you have said above sound like the Lucas compensator, the Bosch is the other way around, well sort of. Bosch has a lot more control.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Ok I plan on turning the pin. Binning the little plastic washer and turning the star wheel to make it's preload tighter

Does that sound right
Thanks given by:
Don't put too much preload on the spring unless you're running a lot of max fuel, otherwise it will ruin the low down drive. My opinion anyway.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Ricky pretty much has it covered there, id just add, wind the spring seat anit clockwise a couple of turns and go for a test drive, then keep adjusting it up/down depending on how it drives. If theres too much preload you will struggle to smoke at all off boost which will make it sluggish, if theres not enough preload it will smoke terribly off boost and bog the engine/pump. It is a case of trial and error and you will want to adjust it to suit every time you change boost pressure/max fuel etc.
Thanks given by:
ok thanks. IM at around 17 psi and think the max fuel is about right at the moment so maybe ill adjust the wastegate then have a play with the lda.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  boost load compensator Josh_Quant 2 976 19-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Boost compensator pipe sherman306 4 1,333 04-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: sherman306
  Boost compensator question... JayDub 1 1,127 30-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo