Still Having wiper problems after fitting BRAND NEW motor, please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Having wiper problems after fitting BRAND NEW motor, please help
Hi All So I just bought a phase 3 306 HDi and The wipers are very strange. If you click it down it stops wherever it is when you take your finger off. First click up (intermitent) runs at the slow speed, then stops halfway through cycle after a few wipes, The second click runs as it should. The third click runs fast, then stops in the middle of the screen after a few seconds. Is this the motor? I read somewhere It could be the stalks so I removed it, cleaned and re-lubed it but still the same. If it is the motor, Are they specific to the phase 3? or will a 1 or 2 fit? And does the body shape matter? as mine is an Estate.
Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light, I'm assuming its the motor and nearly purchased one the other day but then owing to the fat ignorant slob behind the counter, I resisted lol

Rich
Thanks given by:
Not necessarily worth replacing the motor.

If you dismantle the assembly then you'll find that inside the motor there are 3 contact strips or 'fingers', basically over time they get gunked up and the quality of connection makes the wipers somewhat...eratic.

I need to get round to doing mine as it has a little spaz just before coming to a rest at the bottom of the screen.

There is a guide on the other site, but we don't encourage people to go over there....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Ive got a new motor to fit tomorrow. will try taking my old one apart and fixing it and selling it on if it works. Orr keep as a spair!
Thanks given by:
Thanks dude's I'll try giving it a clean first, would you say petroleum jelly is a good lube to use when cleaned up?
Thanks given by:
So its turns out one of the little finger things is snapped!
Thanks given by:
Got a phase 3 wiper motor here pal
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers, ufortunately I NEED it today as the wiper isn't even misbehaving anymore, it just blows the fuse when i try and switch it on!
Thanks given by:
Well if you need anything I can get parts sent out so there with you by Thursday

James
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Replaced motor, and it still has the same problem, except now the fastest speed doesn't work!! It still doesn't park and the sensor and slow speed are the same. Its really starting to get on my nerves so any more input would be great. COuld it be a relay?
Thanks given by:
You could see if the raelays clean or if its covered in green stuff making a poor connection. The relays at the front are usually ok though, its the rear wiper relay that often fails.
Thanks given by:
Is the replacement motor brand new? If not it could be the motor again........the rain sensor's another possibility.

IIRC there's another relay for the front wipers located behind the fuse board in the dash.
Thanks given by:
Ta, I think the relays are wrong. The ones in there appear to be a standard 5 pin switchover, shouldn't it be a specific Pug part?
Thanks given by:
Tongue 
(05-02-2013, 10:32 PM)JamesG Wrote: Well if you need anything I can get parts sent out so there with you by Thursday

James

How much would you charge for the rear wiper Motor plus arm mate? With postage included obviously
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Wiper Motor Whodafunk 7 1,578 07-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Whodafunk
  wiper motor, mech and arms?? CJ_Derv 6 1,603 25-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  Wiper motor Bananalad 5 1,391 16-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Bananalad