My stupid f*cking 406!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stupid f*cking 406!!!!!!!!!!
Scrap it.
Thanks given by:
It was taken from a pic of a 406 dash with everything lit up :S maybe i got the wrong one lol Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
It sounds to me like it hasn't been mapped properly, I've looked into getting one of these myself and the entire DPF part of the map has to be removed...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ahhh gotta love XUD at times like this ay
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 07:19 AM)the milkman Wrote: Ahhh gotta love XUD at times like this ay

Tbf he just bought the wrong common rail.....dont buy one with a DPF! Wink
Thanks given by:
Sorry but...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Peugeot-3...2c6c314109

get involved chris... finish what you started!
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 09:34 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Sorry but...

^^what he said!

Though tbh I'm not sure my conscience will rest easy at the thought of condemning another nice '6 to a rear-ender...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Even comes with a wing. Perfect for Chris.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 03:20 PM)rd070707 Wrote: whoever has mapped out the dpf has done it wrong basically

Ahh interesting, you have seen the file? or are you just assuming you know how it's done?

(03-02-2013, 03:20 PM)rd070707 Wrote: i dont know the ins and outs on the 2.2 but on mine it needed to be deactivated on peugeot planet as well or it would still try and communicate.

Thought you just said, it only needed to be turned off in the flash?

(03-02-2013, 05:34 PM)Poodle Wrote: And i'd be inclined to agree with RD about your map, but you know that already lol...

I always try to improve on my mapping, it would be interesting to hear what you think could be made better or in a different way. Perhaps we can both learn from it. Smile
Thanks given by:
Delete the map, return the car as 'not fit for purpose'.

You are quite within your rights to do that (well, not whilst the remap is still visible on there...)

Sale of Goods Act (or SOGA) means that you can get a full refund if you can prove the car is not fit for purpose - which 'limp mode' would suggest it isn't. You might have to give them an opportunity to put it right, but you only need to give them one chance to do this iirc.

I think this is probably the best way out, then find a few hundred more quid and buy another one in a more epic colour....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The problem is im slightly in love with the car (in a non weird way) and dont think I could send it back. It's like getting a puppy with a broken leg and a gammy eye that posses on the carpet. You know you should send it back and you'd love to have it put down but you just cant.
Thanks given by:
Why the hell did you get rid of the Gti6? That was a bit like a broken puppy. I mean it was fixed when you bought it, but when you finished with it it looked a lot like Megatron had raped it....

Was it just too damaged emotionally to be loved the same way again?
Thanks given by:
@ tb205, id say your file is okay but what i meant was it also needs to be deactivated in pp2000...or at least it did in my case. after the de-depf file was uploaded it was still in limp until it was deactivated.
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So much more of a WIN colour!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 12:10 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: , but when you finished with it it looked a lot like Megatron had raped it....

lmao
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It's f*cked, you bought it off pikeys, it's shitting oil all over the place /endthread
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 12:10 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: When you finished with it it looked a lot like Megatron had raped it. Was it just too damaged emotionally to be loved the same way again?

Basically yes, Id been bummed hard by a member of the same family of invisible concrete posts that mashed Foobys face up. I think they have a problem with GTi6 owners so Im gonna play it safe and not have another. also GTi6s are just a little bit shit.
Thanks given by:
FLOL @ Ed. Rofl

(04-02-2013, 10:24 AM)tb205gti Wrote: I always try to improve on my mapping, it would be interesting to hear what you think could be made better or in a different way. Perhaps we can both learn from it. Smile

I have no idea about mapping and only a vague idea of what a map really is, what you do is your gig. I tried and failed at clearing the dpf fault when i saw Chris at the dyno. At the time i didn't know the dpf had to be deactivated through pp, so my natural reaction was that there must be a mistake in the map.

Let's see if we can deactivate the dpf with pp and we may be getting somewhere. I say save it dude.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 01:20 PM)Kimmie Wrote: It's f*cked, you bought it off pikeys, it's shitting oil all over the place /endthread

Basically this.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
So erm the car has largely been out of limp mode today and its A-Mazing on the TB map

Theres less smoke than there was on the dyno, no clutch slip, the speedo just climbs relentlessly on the motorway and I counted a 30-70 in my head and it was less than 6 seconds. I need to video one tomorrow.

Cant wait to permanently fix the limp mode fault (and oil leak) then see if we can get even more power.
Thanks given by:
Permanently fixed?

[Image: 5744224282_9480c59b9e_zpsd0c8dffa.jpg]
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 11:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So erm the car has largely been out of limp mode today and its A-Mazing on the TB map

Theres less smoke than there was on the dyno, no clutch slip, the speedo just climbs relentlessly on the motorway and I counted a 30-70 in my head and it was less than 6 seconds. I need to video one tomorrow.

Cant wait to permanently fix the limp mode fault (and oil leak) then see if we can get even more power.

So do you yet know what the cause of the oil leak is? If it's the high pressure side of the turbo, you could be running the risk of wrecking that if the bearing doesn't have enough oil pressure...
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 09:49 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 11:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So erm the car has largely been out of limp mode today and its A-Mazing on the TB map

So do you yet know what the cause of the oil leak is? If it's the high pressure side of the turbo, you could be running the risk of wrecking that if the bearing doesn't have enough oil pressure...

Does it matter? Lets look at this from a dum dum perspective.

The engine takes 5L of oil full. We remove 1L because dumdum thought It would be a good idea for weight saving.
The leak is dropping 4L of oil per minute. The engine will only run for a maximum of 30 seconds dry before seizing so by this logic, in the time it's taken me to type this, it's blown up, he's scrapped it and bought another stupidly f*cked car.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 10:36 AM)Niall Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 09:49 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:

Does it matter? Lets look at this from a dum dum perspective.

The engine takes 5L of oil full. We remove 1L because dumdum thought It would be a good idea for weight saving.
The leak is dropping 4L of oil per minute. The engine will only run for a maximum of 30 seconds dry before seizing so by this logic, in the time it's taken me to type this, it's blown up, he's scrapped it and bought another stupidly f*cked car.

Your a funny fucker Niall, youve got me sitting here giggling to myself.

Anyway I "Think" its the oil drain pipe thats leaking and TBH Im hoping the turbo itself letting go as the car makes a little bit of blue smoke and is making a loud weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise under acceleration that sounds very turboy.
Thanks given by:
Why are you hoping the turbo is letting go?!?! I thought you wanted a more mature car that you didn't feel the urge to fiddle with??
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 02:41 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Why are you hoping the turbo is letting go?!?! I thought you wanted a more mature car that you didn't feel the urge to fiddle with??

Cos the turbo is easy to change, other things that cause blue smoke arent.
Thanks given by:
I like it. Can see the potential on some 19 inch snowflakes and lows. Also are the rub strips clipped on or stuck.. think it would look loads cleaner removed

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Any news on this one Dum? You fixed it, or just limping it about until you get the V5C so you can scrap it legitimately? Tongue
Thanks given by:
406oc is a quiet forum. I get a fair few customers from there though... Funny thing is, find the founder of 406oc... Foxy.

Ps, I'll bring the snapon scanner to Ace. Won't harm to try.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 09:34 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Sorry but...

the f*ck...that's literally 10 minutes from here and I've never seen it. f*ck all good 306's round here :/
Thanks given by: