My stupid f*cking 406!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stupid f*cking 406!!!!!!!!!!
Im not yet allowed to post on 406oc so im posting here to see if anyone can help.

My 406 is shit but the biggest anoyance is the warning lights and the fact that one of the faults is causing it to go in to limp mode.

The warning messages are

Engine Antipollution Fault
ABS Faulty
ESP/ASR Faulty

The limp mode is just massively under powered and wont let the engine past 3k. It wont even hold 70mph up a hill on the motorway (2250rpm) foot on the floor. It does sometimes come out of limp mode but goes back in if i get up to cruising speed and stay there for more than about 2 seconds.

Ive had the DPF removed and mapped out but its still throwing a fault about being unable to connect with the DPF ECU

It did have codes relating to dodgy boost readings and the map sensor so I have replaced this however on the dyno it still showed a dip in boost at about 2600rpm

It was showing that the rear abs sensors were dodgy and i replaced these and cleared the fualts but they came straight back without even driving the car saying open circuit and unable to communicate.

It is missing its ESP/ASR switch from the dashboard and I cannot find another to replace it with
Thanks given by:
okay i had a 307 with all the same faults and im sure they are the same. whoever has mapped out the dpf has done it wrong basically, i dont know the ins and outs on the 2.2 but on mine it needed to be deactivated on peugeot planet as well or it would still try and communicate. I had limp mode non stop and its a bugger.

your abs sensor probably just needs to be set up correctly, it needs to be an exact distance from the hub - you could look it up online because i cant remember what it is...1.6mm or something?

and once they are sorted my limp mode and esp/asr was gone and it went well

hope it helps
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Have you driven the car after resetting the abs? It needs to be driven so the wheels all start moving and the abs ecu can measure this. The light should go out then..
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 03:20 PM)rd070707 Wrote: okay i had a 307 with all the same faults and im sure they are the same. whoever has mapped out the dpf has done it wrong basically, i dont know the ins and outs on the 2.2 but on mine it needed to be deactivated on peugeot planet as well or it would still try and communicate. I had limp mode non stop and its a bugger.

your abs sensor probably just needs to be set up correctly, it needs to be an exact distance from the hub - you could look it up online because i cant remember what it is...1.6mm or something?

and once they are sorted my limp mode and esp/asr was gone and it went well

hope it helps

Do you know any more about deactivating it in PP as me and Niall had a look and couldnt see how.

I dont think my mapper (TB205GTi) will of done anything wrong as hes done a few of these.

The ABS sensors (its the rear ones) will only bolt in one way and theres no adjustment in them.

(03-02-2013, 03:49 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Have you driven the car after resetting the abs? It needs to be driven so the wheels all start moving and the abs ecu can measure this. The light should go out then..
I have mate, done at least 100 miles over 3 journeys since poodle reset it at the dyno and the fault is still there. When the fault is deleted it just comes straight back without letting the car even get to moving so im kinda guessing a wiring fault.
Thanks given by:
Don't know how much you remember of our little diag sesh, you weren't the most lucid on site... Wink We did find a couple of potential wiring faults, almost certain that's your issue with the various sensors. Plus anything multiplexed is a load of shite imho.

May be worth trying to get your local garage to plug their snap-on machine in to clear the ABS codes, it seems to have fixed my issue when PP couldn't. Failing that i'd be checking the various earths, connections and wires between the ABS ECU and the sensors. Quite possibly the same for the boost and maf sensors too, we already know french wiring has never been award-winning haha.

That dip in power on the dyno - your clutch was burning up, maybe it was slipping slightly at peak torque.

And i'd be inclined to agree with RD about your map, but you know that already lol...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If his dpf delete file is okay then it must be something else. In pp2000 for the 307 there was a bit where you could select dpf filter present or absent.

my abs code also took a few goes to clear, I wire brushed the hub as it was a bit corroded and the surface where the sensor sits, as if it was rusty it could make the sensor sit too far out and not read.

did you cut out the dpf or delete it?
Thanks given by:
why carnt you post on 406oc? i was a member when i had my v6 and never found a problem?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 05:34 PM)Poodle Wrote: Don't know how much you remember of our little diag sesh, you weren't the most lucid on site... Wink We did find a couple of potential wiring faults, almost certain that's your issue with the various sensors. Plus anything multiplexed is a load of shite imho.

May be worth trying to get your local garage to plug their snap-on machine in to clear the ABS codes, it seems to have fixed my issue when PP couldn't. Failing that i'd be checking the various earths, connections and wires between the ABS ECU and the sensors. Quite possibly the same for the boost and maf sensors too, we already know french wiring has never been award-winning haha.

That dip in power on the dyno - your clutch was burning up, maybe it was slipping slightly at peak torque.

And i'd be inclined to agree with RD about your map, but you know that already lol...

I did ask the dyno guys about the clutch but they said it wasnt. TBH its probably original. I will take it to a garage when I get some money.

(03-02-2013, 05:46 PM)rd070707 Wrote: If his dpf delete file is okay then it must be something else. In pp2000 for the 307 there was a bit where you could select dpf filter present or absent.

my abs code also took a few goes to clear, I wire brushed the hub as it was a bit corroded and the surface where the sensor sits, as if it was rusty it could make the sensor sit too far out and not read.

did you cut out the dpf or delete it?

I might get a code reader and see if i can just delete them every time i go to drive it and see if they go in a couple of days.

the DPF was smashed out of its case.

(03-02-2013, 05:50 PM)kingy Wrote: why carnt you post on 406oc? i was a member when i had my v6 and never found a problem?

I have posted now. Gotta be approved to post on there
Thanks given by:
one of the admin from 406oc lives near me, his front drive looks mint with 3 amazing coupes on his drive. do you want me to contact him for ya chris?
Thanks given by:
Is the the 406 oc or the coupe forum??

I'd be getting on the later as they have alot of people who do the remap etc and so can help you out
Thanks given by:
Its 406OC and I just had to wait for approval. Im on there now and posting away with no issues (apart from nobody has replied to my problems LOL

Ive spoken to TB205GTi and im gonna have to find the DPF removal thing in PP2k so thatll cure one of my issues, hope its the one causing me to be in limp mode.
Thanks given by:
Abs doesnt cause limp and in my case the esp/asr one seemed to disappear with the dpf code. Fingers crossed
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 06:13 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Abs doesnt cause limp and in my case the esp/asr one seemed to disappear with the dpf code. Fingers crossed

Awesome, captain crayola is gonna hook me up at some point over the next week or so.
Thanks given by:
Join the coupe forum far better at replying
Thanks given by:
Wait, didn't you buy your car from a dealer?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
U cant just remove dpf in PP....ive got a thing that removes it from the map tho, use it all the time on modern day pieces of shit!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 06:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its 406OC and I just had to wait for approval. Im on there now and posting away with no issues (apart from nobody has replied to my problems LOL

Ive spoken to TB205GTi and im gonna have to find the DPF removal thing in PP2k so thatll cure one of my issues, hope its the one causing me to be in limp mode.

speak to a bloke called tim, tim????? user name. he da man to talk to mate.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 06:23 PM)swampy Wrote: Join the coupe forum far better at replying
Ill get that done tomorrow

(03-02-2013, 06:55 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Wait, didn't you buy your car from a dealer?
I did technically yes but the waranty isnt worth the paper its written on (max £250 for a starters) and they live on site at the "dealership" in caravans (i should of known this was a good sign)

(03-02-2013, 06:55 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: U cant just remove dpf in PP....ive got a thing that removes it from the map tho, use it all the time on modern day pieces of shit!
Yeah I just need to change 1 setting in the BSi file as its already mapped out of the ECU. Ill take TBs word for it cos when it comes to his maps he really knows what hes on about.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 07:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: ...and they live on site at the "dealership" in caravans (i should of known this was a good sign)...

I don't remember you mentioning this bit previously, solution would have been obvious if i'd known - burn it now.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
todays lesson is............

Its cheap for a reason
Thanks given by:
To be fair it wasnt that cheap tbh!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry Chris Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Chris where on earth did you get the £250 thing?

You buy a car from a dealer, you get 3 months warranty by law.. End of.

I got a £600 inlet on the vectra by exactly that. Trading standards will tell you exactly the same, not sure who's told you the £250 thing but its bollocks, technically you can demand the car to be fixed or a full refund..
Thanks given by:
When the fcuk did all this happen lol!! I had a kip and missed you getting a new car ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scrap it.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 07:57 PM)puglove Wrote: Sorry Chris Big Grin

Lol repped
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 08:59 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Scrap it.

What he hasnt done already?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 07:55 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: To be fair it wasnt that cheap tbh!
It was half the price of ones the same age/spec/mileage

(03-02-2013, 07:57 PM)puglove Wrote: Sorry Chris Big Grin
<3 Git! very funny. Think mine has some warning lights you haven't shown on there though.

(03-02-2013, 08:04 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Chris where on earth did you get the £250 thing?

You buy a car from a dealer, you get 3 months warranty by law.. End of.

I got a £600 inlet on the vectra by exactly that. Trading standards will tell you exactly the same, not sure who's told you the £250 thing but its bollocks, technically you can demand the car to be fixed or a full refund..
Its in the paperwork provided with the warranty and theres a ton of stuff it dosent cover. Id guess its the minimum required by law. Ill check it tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Check it because I'm 100% certain purely from experience that you're entitled to it. £250 is absolute bollocks & their warranty they have offered you isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If they are a registered trader, they by law have to give you a 3mth/3000mile warranty.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 09:31 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Check it because I'm 100% certain purely from experience that you're entitled to it. £250 is absolute bollocks & their warranty they have offered you isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If they are a registered trader, they by law have to give you a 3mth/3000mile warranty.

Yeah its 3 months / 3000 miles to a maximum of £250. think its partly to do with the value of the car.
Thanks given by: