TerraClean

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TerraClean
Well I've never heard of anything like this before but I'll let the advert do the talking...

Quote:The diesel service works by connecting a special machine which contains a mix of diesel and something called MDV5H which works the same as the petrol service. The service takes around 1 hour with a 15 min run , 15 min soak and a further 15 run. The process cleans everything from injectors , bores , valves , rings , egr valve , Cat and o2 sensors. It will improve MPG and give better throttle response and improved drive and lower fuel costs.

So is it really that beneficial? Could it actually de coke the engine? Obviously o2 /cat/egr are pretty much irrelevant for most of us
I'm thinking more of general health improvements
That also do a petrol engine treatment too

Discuss?...
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I spotted this on the hantsmodified Facebook page.

I wonder if it does work.
Thanks given by:
I fail to believe any of it...

Negatively charged particles breaking down carbon deposits..

Apparently it works on DI Petrols too... Apparently it cleans EGR shit out the intake...

Well if you can get a DI Petrol clean EGR shit out the inlet just by running it on a funky fuel, then fook me, I've got the whole idea of DI Petrols wrong..

Anything that claims to be an £80 miracle worker I don't believe until I see conclusive, damning evidence it's doing something REALLY fooking spectacular...

And for £80 - I'd start tearing my own engine down... If the carbon deposits are SO bad it's causing driveability issues, then IMHO no wonder potion is going to do anything short of stripping down the engine and giving it a clean out...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Why negative charges! That is a good question, I've briefly looked and I cant find any indication of positively charged carbon compounds in soot (although i did only spend about 35 seconds looking!)

Besides, isnt it generally thought that sooty buildups are better left alone, the may be clogging up a potential leak or something.
Thanks given by:
sounds like bollox. If you put negatively charged particles in then where the hell are the positively charged ones? Bollox that there are just loads of positively charged ones just sitting in the manifold!
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 03:53 PM)Ruan Wrote: I fail to believe any of it...

Negatively charged particles breaking down carbon deposits..

Apparently it works on DI Petrols too... Apparently it cleans EGR shit out the intake...

Well if you can get a DI Petrol clean EGR shit out the inlet just by running it on a funky fuel, then fook me, I've got the whole idea of DI Petrols wrong..

Anything that claims to be an £80 miracle worker I don't believe until I see conclusive, damning evidence it's doing something REALLY fooking spectacular...

And for £80 - I'd start tearing my own engine down... If the carbon deposits are SO bad it's causing driveability issues, then IMHO no wonder potion is going to do anything short of stripping down the engine and giving it a clean out...

Spoken like a King!
End of.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 09:59 PM)SRowell Wrote: sounds like bollox. If you put negatively charged particles in then where the hell are the positively charged ones? Bollox that there are just loads of positively charged ones just sitting in the manifold!

Now i've read more, apparently the negative particles repel the π (pi!) bonds in the aromatic parts of the soot, thus I assume breaking up the deposits.

Still, Bollox!!
Thanks given by:
All you need to do to clear the crap out anyway is rev it to the red line once every now and then to kick all the carbon out. None of this bull about positively and negatively charged atoms cleaning it.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I know this works as have had it done. Dont really understand it but before you all think its bull try loggin on to the facebook page www.facebook.com/terracleansouth and read what people have put , keeping in mind they have had it done and the results speak for its self.

(03-02-2013, 02:02 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: I spotted this on the hantsmodified Facebook page.

Why not ask the people who have had it done as I know it works. Works very very well and results speak for them selfs
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 09:06 PM)Mikey29 Wrote: I know this works as have had it done. Dont really understand it but before you all think its bull try loggin on to the facebook page www.facebook.com/terracleansouth and read what people have put , keeping in mind they have had it done and the results speak for its self.

(03-02-2013, 02:02 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: I spotted this on the hantsmodified Facebook page.

Why not ask the people who have had it done as I know it works. Works very very well and results speak for them selfs

what car have you got Mikey and whats your job Tongue
Thanks given by:
Tbh a place next door to me has just started doing this! The shit that comes out of cars when they are doing it is unreal! Even on petrols is unbelievable, must be doing something!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 09:19 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 09:06 PM)Mikey29 Wrote: I know this works as have had it done. Dont really understand it but before you all think its bull try loggin on to the facebook page www.facebook.com/terracleansouth and read what people have put , keeping in mind they have had it done and the results speak for its self.

First post to roast a forum for summising that a product is no good based on the theory behind it... Id say thats a good question SRowell

(11-02-2013, 09:20 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Tbh a place next door to me has just started doing this! The shit that comes out of cars when they are doing it is unreal! Even on petrols is unbelievable, must be doing something!!

So does dropping a bit of redex directly into the pistons and leaving it to settle for a while before starting up... Doesnt mean it does any good, but it makes a hell of a lot of smoke!!
Thanks given by:
Talking about negative and positive charged atoms is making me excited.
Fml

/geek
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Well surely all of the air rushing about must get some positive charge?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 09:21 PM)RJDubya Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 09:19 PM)SRowell Wrote:

First post to roast a forum for summising that a product is no good based on the theory behind it... Id say thats a good question SRowell

(11-02-2013, 09:20 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Tbh a place next door to me has just started doing this! The shit that comes out of cars when they are doing it is unreal! Even on petrols is unbelievable, must be doing something!!

So does dropping a bit of redex directly into the pistons and leaving it to settle for a while before starting up... Doesnt mean it does any good, but it makes a hell of a lot of smoke!!

No I don't just mean they smoke I mean big particles of shit coming out! Iam not wet behind the ears bud
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 10:20 PM)Jonny b Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 09:19 PM)SRowell Wrote: what car have you got Mikey and whats your job Tongue

No I don't just mean they smoke I mean big particles of shit coming out! Iam not wet behind the ears bud

I didnt mean you were, just the way it came accross was that it made them smoke. Just a comparison Wink Chill out
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 09:19 PM)SRowell Wrote: what car have you got Mikey and whats your job Tongue

Depends if your sleeping tho Jonny...ya old bat!!
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 10:39 PM)RJDubya Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 09:21 PM)RJDubya Wrote: First post to roast a forum for summising that a product is no good based on the theory behind it... Id say thats a good question SRowell

I didnt mean you were, just the way it came accross was that it made them smoke. Just a comparison Wink Chill out

Ha ha Iam chilled fella didn't mean it to sound off

(11-02-2013, 10:39 PM)Just Sean Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 09:21 PM)RJDubya Wrote: First post to roast a forum for summising that a product is no good based on the theory behind it... Id say thats a good question SRowell

Depends if your sleeping tho Jonny...ya old bat!!

Will you speak feckin English neph!! I told you about this before, If your talking about bats and me being old! And sleeping upside down That part I get, as for the wet behind the ears bit? I don't know of a bat that has wet ears!! Please enlighten me ha ha
Thanks given by:
Cos when he pisses in his sleep it will run up his body and drip of his head... Giving him wet ears!

God you old people are so slow! Comon uncle Jonny! Letting the side down!
Thanks given by:
But what about the catheta dumbass!!! Now who's letting the side down lol
Thanks given by:
Someone knows their bats!

Suppose its good to know your roots tho!
Thanks given by:
perhaps just a very expensive placebo?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Partly reliant on Pseudo science bollocks. Throw a load of fancy sciencey sounding, technical jargon at some flush, dopey car enthusiasts and you have a good business.

If an engine is so fked to the point performance is being affected (low compression etc), excluding the fact I'd be worried about how it got in that state, then a proper strip down is the way to go. Otherwise, why bother on an otherwise ok engine? Get some water injection on, rocket those egts and burn the carbon deposits off properly!

Also, there is a lack of any proper independent testing, lols... Although if you are really interested, there is a proper thesis out there exploring the principles used.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
They used something like this on Wheeler Dealers once and it did lower the emmisions, well from the clips they showed anyway,but weather that's actually how it worked ofcourse I can't say
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Went and spoke to one of the guys today that do this, not the owner of the place! He had his a3 1.8t done when they first started doing it and he says the car is a lot more responsive, picks up a lot better also sorted his lumpy idle, and he is getting a couple more mpg out of it! May well get the Freelander td4 done on the cheap and see how it goes! Ill report back
Thanks given by: