rev counter issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rev counter issue
right so rev counter, it works fine for a while until the engine warms up then suddenly just drops off and doesn't move again until you switch the car off and let it cool down.

my concerns are that the turbo down pipe passes quite close to where the sensor is on the back of the block and the heat might be causing the issue maybe?

what are your thoughts, should i get new sensor and try that or could it be the wiring at the other end where it goes to the instrument cluster?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Id say youve hit the nail on the head there pal, try a new sensor and see if that works.
Then you night have to look into heat shielding it somehow.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ah cool, il try that then. ive got the downpipe heat wrapped where it goes past the bulkhead but not any further, think il get some more wrap and do the entire pipe until it goes under the car
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
just to make sure, this is what i need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ERA-Crankshaft...23229b40d0
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Before buying that just take it out, give it a clean and stick it back in all the way till it touches then pull it out about 1mm or so. Mine was the same, did the above and it still works and it's over 20 years old!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 12:53 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Before buying that just take it out, give it a clean and stick it back in all the way till it touches then pull it out about 1mm or so. Mine was the same, did the above and it still works and it's over 20 years old!

cheers dude, il give that a try later
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Deffo try cleaning it, my rev counter didn't work when I started the car unless I started and kept my foot on the accelerator.. cleaned the censor up and jobsagoodun
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
As said, take it out, clean tip and put it back in making sure your as close as possible, its probs more out of adjustment than broken
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
As all above, if your struggling though i do have a spare so PM me with an offer bud was on the balze and was fully working. But they usually just need adjusting
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by: