Heater

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater
Hi

I am not sure if this is a problem with the heater or not but i have to close all the vents in my car to get it to go on the windscreen even on the windscreen setting . This only seems to be with hot setting not cold. The cold setting works fine with or without the vents closed for the windscreen.
Thanks given by:
Does your fan work properly on all speeds?

What your saying is the demisting power is reduced when you try and use hot air?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 11:25 AM)Tom Wrote: Does your fan work properly on all speeds?

What your saying is the demisting power is reduced when you try and use hot air?

Yh fan works fine on all speeds. The hot air works fine when you have it on the vents towards you but when you switch it to the windscreen setting (demisting) unless u have the vents closed it still comes out the vents rather than the windscreen only on hot.
Thanks given by:
It will still come out the vent but also on the windscreen, if you shut the vent it just means all the air goes to the windscreen. Sounds like nothing is wrong to me.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 02:08 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: It will still come out the vent but also on the windscreen, if you shut the vent it just means all the air goes to the windscreen. Sounds like nothing is wrong to me.

It just about comes out on hot on the windscreen but for it to work well you have to close all the vents if its on cold its fine.
Thanks given by:
What if you turn the direction to feet? Does that work or does it keep coming out the vents?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:56 PM)Tom Wrote: What if you turn the direction to feet? Does that work or does it keep coming out the vents?

If you turn the direction to feet it comes out the fine if on cold but if its on hot hardly anything comes out as it comes out the vents unless they are closed.
Thanks given by:
Maybe theres something blocking the airflow to the heater matrix? Are you used to a car with ridiculously epic heater/blowers?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 06:40 PM)Tom Wrote: Maybe theres something blocking the airflow to the heater matrix? Are you used to a car with ridiculously epic heater/blowers?

Nah its just my mums vauxhall meriva u dont need to close the vents but i understand that tech has changed so much since my car was made.
Thanks given by: