306 hdi disc beam on d turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 hdi disc beam on d turbo
Managed to find a disc beam with no camber or play for a decent price. Since my beams on the way out thought I'd upgrade to go with the gti6 brakes on the front. When I had a look above the spare wheel carrier on my d turbo I have 2connector unions for the brake pipes, but the hdi only seems to have the one? Just wandering if I'm seriously missing something out here, but there was one connector in the same place as on my car, but the other wasn't in sight, just a straight brake line.

Also are the hdi torsion bars and arbs a different thickness to a standard d turbo drum ones? Just wandering weather it would be worth swapping the bars and everything over if they are smaller.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Thanks given by:
There should be 2 brake pipes coming from under the car which will ether go straight to the flexi's via the beam or to the compensator if there is one.

As for the torsion bar, the '6 beam and the estate has thicker bars than the rest of the range although not sure about hdi's
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
No compensator on it because its phase 3, I could see one connector but not one for the other pipe, have a better look tomorrow when I take it off the car.
So the handling won't be any worse than with a standard drum axle then?
Thanks given by:
No, definitely won't be worse. Might be worth doing the axle bushes while your there.

Where in north wales are you bud?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I met you in wrexham a few months back mate, I'm from corwen
Thanks given by:
Leave the gti6 arb in, it's alot thicker and thus stiffer.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new disc brake Rear beam pioneer DJ paddy 8 2,508 22-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: pioneer DJ paddy
  Swapping to a disc beam Matt 18 2,779 30-03-2014, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Matt
  disc rear beam conversion Dan 29 4,559 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Dan