glovebox removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
glovebox removal
o.k, the lock is knackered on my glove box and ive had to use a screw to keep the dam thing closed.

what options have i got?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive always broken mine when ive tried removing it in the past!
Thanks given by:
Hammer.... Bug hammer!

Nah he proper was is to tsp the pins out the hinge at the bottom buts so much easier said than do s
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so its not a dash out job then. does this mean that i will have a seperate key aswell.
Thanks given by:
thats an interesting question... i presume you would have a seperate key unless you can swap the internals.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure you can swap the locks.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Iirc you can swap the locks with a heat gun by splitting the two parts of the glovebox pita and pointy nose pliers to get the pins out mega easy just need to lie on your back in the foot well Wink

Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 10:17 PM)spike2002 Wrote: Iirc you can swap the locks with a heat gun by splitting the two parts of the glovebox pita and pointy nose pliers to get the pins out mega easy just need to lie on your back in the foot well Wink

He's used to lieing on his back!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
The glovebox door is helt on by 2 plastic pegs on the bottom remove the carpeted part of trim underneath and there easyish to get at. Then the lock can be taken apart with a flathead screwdriver so the lock internal can be removed and swapped into a new lock. I did this myself afew years back so not 100% on each step but its not very hard. Trickyist part was getting the spring to stay still on the lock so it springs back when you turn it to open
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 10:25 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: The glovebox door is helt on by 2 plastic pegs on the bottom remove the carpeted part of trim underneath and there easyish to get at. Then the lock can be taken apart with a flathead screwdriver so the lock internal can be removed and swapped into a new lock. I did this myself afew years back so not 100% on each step but its not very hard. Trickyist part was getting the spring to stay still on the lock so it springs back when you turn it to open

dont sound to hard that. i gather the scrappers is the best place for a lock then or can i get a new one from pug?
should imagain they would be to expensive.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 10:37 PM)kingy Wrote:
(02-02-2013, 10:25 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: The glovebox door is helt on by 2 plastic pegs on the bottom remove the carpeted part of trim underneath and there easyish to get at. Then the lock can be taken apart with a flathead screwdriver so the lock internal can be removed and swapped into a new lock. I did this myself afew years back so not 100% on each step but its not very hard. Trickyist part was getting the spring to stay still on the lock so it springs back when you turn it to open

dont sound to hard that. i gather the scrappers is the best place for a lock then or can i get a new one from pug?

I'm gotta go loomseys one day mate so if you fancy meeting me there one day Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 10:47 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(02-02-2013, 10:37 PM)kingy Wrote:

I'm gotta go loomseys one day mate so if you fancy meeting me there one day Smile

can do mate, will have to be sat or sun cause of work.
Thanks given by:
I hade also problem with the glovbox, i couldnt find a new one or a used one so i toke off the glovbox (under there are 2 plastic pins) difficult to get off but would work,
next i used a hot flame tourch to make it open on front off the glovbox about 10/15 cm/4 inch inwords and melt it open all the way be carefull not to do it not to close, iff you have make it open there are 2 springs that need to strech out, put it back again and hot the knife to make smooth service as possible, and the glovebox is repaired.
Reason for not closing (spring to soft need to stretch them wide open) good luck Smile

Sorry bad English Norway here.
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It is very cold -20 but here is a movie about glovebox repair removal brrr.....cold Big Grin

[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
many thanks mate but its the lock thats fecked.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glovebox hell(p) turkish 4 1,192 31-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Glovebox locked itself ..!! Masonsmummy11 16 2,157 27-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Masonsmummy11
  how do i remove my glovebox from my gti-6?? hodgie 4 2,614 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: darrenjlobb