Blue smoke on starts (help)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue smoke on starts (help)
have alot of blue smoke on starts for first few secs til it clears also takes a few turns to get it going just wondering what your thoughts are on this??, engine isnt using oil or mixing in watr

ordring sum bosch duraterms latr todayhopefully wil fix this???

phase 1 diablo d turbo
Thanks given by:
blue smoke is oil afaik . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 10:42 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: blue smoke is oil afaik . . . .Smile

hmm isnt using any tho been checkn it for the last 2 weeks Huh
Thanks given by:
It will be burning oil, most likely through the turbo seals. Could also be through the HG or Valve seals but if its just a couple of coughs on start up then id say turbo. If it was HG or Valve seals you would get wisps of blue when you let off the accelerator after accelerating.

Wouldnt worry about it too much as turbos on these are cheap as chips now. My 205 used to do it too and thats still running the same turbo 2 years on.
Thanks given by:
is usually jst for first 2 mins, hold it on 3,000 revs to jst clear it then is fine hmm
Thanks given by:
blue is oil
black is fuel
white is water vapor

can be a variety of things...but I see plenty of modern diesels give a blue puff on start up
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 12:31 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: blue is oil
black is fuel
white is water vapor

can be a variety of things...but I see plenty of modern diesels give a blue puff on start up

not really mate . . . .have you ever ran an XUD that's slipped a couple of teeth on the fuel pump retarding the timing? . . . .no thought not . .Rolleyes

sorry i should have said white is also unburnt fuel . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
just had the plugs out probs for the first time ever! 2 are split and all look abit chipd??
probs why runnin lumpy on start up?

new plugs ordered Smile
Thanks given by:
white being unburnt fuel is a bit of a first
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:02 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: white being unburnt fuel is a bit of a first

haha oh really . . . well you are only a young un i suppose . . .lol
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:02 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: white being unburnt fuel is a bit of a first

White smoke is unburnt fuel. Retard a fuel pump too much and it will pour out white smoke due to the late injection/poor combustion. Black/grey is partially burnt fuel, usually because there was too much fuel in the cylinder per amount of air.
Thanks given by:
certainly a first when it comes to tractors anyhow
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:48 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: certainly a first when it comes to tractors anyhow

just admit you're wrong and we can move on . . .Wink
Thanks given by:
I do...I did?!
I came
I wronged
I learned
I'm dumb
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 05:50 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I do...I did?!
I came
I wronged
I learned
I'm dumb

good little piggy . .lmao . . . . .

and ftr water is transparent lol
Thanks given by:
just got mine running again today exact same symptoms little blue puffs come out for a wile its def not oil with me though when i stand behind it stinks of diesel also lopes a bit when cold 100% when warm though.

could very well be a timing thing because i changed the timing belt on the engine before i put it in locked the cam and pump with the bolts and the fly with an alan key and noticed that somebody had the cam and pump wheels marked with a bit of tipex and then a little mark on pump bracket and rocker and both marks were a tooth ahead of the marks on the bracket and rocker even though i had every thing marked up i dont know how this has happened.
Thanks given by:
wel happy plugs changd not a sign of any smoke now and starts first click! sortd!
old plugs must of bn really shot

mot tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:

Haha u wanna see mine start up on just two plugs then it fills the street with white smoke its fuckin hillarious,

Have a read up on the bosch VE manual diesel can actually burn all different colours dependant at what stage of burn or temperature its at Big Grin
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XUD9 starts but dies in 2 seconds Robert Gladh 7 2,988 09-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Robert Gladh
Sad Blue Smoke KilianManning 10 3,239 28-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Last Post: KilianManning
  Any descent mechanics blue smoke? blinkyeatu 22 4,626 31-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu