Veg on lucus pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veg on lucus pump
Now i no that most people say a massive no to this but what i wana no if i was to use say 15 liters of veg with added to it 45 liters of diesel surely that would dilute it quite alot so it wasnt to cause any damage to the pump? or am i wrong will it still cause damage?

Thanks given by:
This is what i'm doing at the moment! So far no problems! Opened up the filter houseing to change fuel filter and it is diluted alot! The viscosity is close to that of diesel, now i can't definitively say you will do no damage, but from what i'm seeing now, its fine.
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 08:55 AM)sammy9212 Wrote: This is what i'm doing at the moment! So far no problems! Opened up the filter houseing to change fuel filter and it is diluted alot! The viscosity is close to that of diesel, now i can't definitively say you will do no damage, but from what i'm seeing now, its fine.

How much are you mixing it? and how long have you been running it?

Thanks given by:
45l diesel 15l veg, have done 40/20 though and was fine! Only started on sunday but have no problems yet.
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 09:08 AM)sammy9212 Wrote: 45l diesel 15l veg, have done 40/20 though and was fine! Only started on sunday but have no problems yet.

Let me no if you have any problems gona do the fuel filter mod on mine so it heats up constantly then try it, cos if its heating up constantly will thin it out abit and hopefully even less damage to the pump

Thanks given by:
Have it hot as you want and very diluted, even so the pump will eventually sieze, with today's ULSD and heavy biodiesel content with lots of left over methanol already the pumps are close to failing continually, unless you have a spare VE on the side waiting and a spare day when the car just stops running, I wouldn't risk it, they fail with no warning, that's the issue, the plungers in the camring just stick in the return position and that's it, just won't pump anymore...

Some have been fine for months on raw veg, others lasted hours, but they will eventually fail...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Fail enough ruan, luckily i DO have a spare pump waiting to go on! Thats why i didnt mind trying it.
Thanks given by:
I put 20litres of veg in my old lucas, the pump lasted a whole 20 minutes then I laughed for another 40 minutes at how shit the pump actually is.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 09:22 AM)Ruan Wrote: Have it hot as you want and very diluted, even so the pump will eventually sieze, with today's ULSD and heavy biodiesel content with lots of left over methanol already the pumps are close to failing continually, unless you have a spare VE on the side waiting and a spare day when the car just stops running, I wouldn't risk it, they fail with no warning, that's the issue, the plungers in the camring just stick in the return position and that's it, just won't pump anymore...

Some have been fine for months on raw veg, others lasted hours, but they will eventually fail...

Oh think i wont bother then not worth the risk

Thanks given by:
Why dont you just buy a big ass pan, warm up 60l of veg and dip it into the tank. (only if your going london-scotland)
Thanks given by:
Rept. Did you not read what Ryan just wrote.......
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 03:25 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Rept. Did you not read what Ryan just wrote.......

He wrote it 6 odd hours ago. My statement was somewhat a joke, and a response for OP.

Instead of adding petrol to thin it, just throw it in pre-heated and go on your road trip.
Thanks given by:
Piss in your tank, the urea contains a carbonyl group that will attack and break down the triglycerides contained within veg oil... much like bio diesel. No more issues with lucas pumps, yeaa
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 11:22 PM)n0v0s Wrote: Piss in your tank, the urea contains a carbonyl group that will attack and break down the triglycerides contained within veg oil... much like bio diesel. No more issues with lucas pumps, yeaa

Legend.

So would I be right in saying that AdBlue which is synthetic Urea would do the same sorta thing in small quantities? Just without the water content of piss?

EDIT: Just realised AdBlue is 60%+ Water - Fail.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucus Pump Millsy101 3 1,106 07-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Millsy101
  URGENT HELP!! will a lucus woodruff key fit bosch??? Chris_90 2 1,435 13-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  FMIC 20 psi running temps & boost held back by the lucus puglove 11 4,089 24-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Last Post: puglove